Not Receiveing Incoming Calls/Texts But Can Send Them Out??

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
last night around 11pm my phone stopped receiveing incoming calls/text messages. I didn't realize something was going on until i got a message on my email from one of my friends saying everytime I call your phone it is going straight to your voicemail. The funny thing was is that i could call and send out text messages and they were going through but nothing was coming into my phone. So i turned my phone off and back on and i got all the text messages and voicemails people were leaving. I just want to make sure that its not a hardware issue with my iphone and wondering if it had to do with the verizon service or what. Also my facetime was turned off when i reset my phone and i had to manually enable it again when i turned my phone on and didnt know why it didnt enable when i reset my phone. Wondering why when i reset my phone everything went back to normal and everything is working fine now. Just a little confused on what happened last night and trying to see if anyone has had this problem with verizon or their phone thanks.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would call Verizon's customer service and get them to do some trouble shooting on their end for you. When you call make sure to use a phone other than your iPhone 4 as this will allow them to test it for you.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well from what i explained does it sound like a hardware problem or a service/verizon problem? if it fixed right after i restarted the phone does that say anything?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
well from what i explained does it sound like a hardware problem or a service/verizon problem? if it fixed right after i restarted the phone does that say anything?

The fact that your issue clears up after you power your iPhone off and back on, suggests that it could be a software issue. You could try resetting your network settings and see if that helps. Go to Settings, General, Reset, and choose the option to "Reset Network Settings".

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, it says it's likely a Verizon issue - not your phone if rebooting the phone fixed the issue. Next time it happens - call in and talk with Tech Support from another phone and they can walk you through some troubleshooting steps - it may be that they need to basically delete your phone from their systems, and put it back in again to clear some sort of configuration snafu on their end - it's not a common thing, but it does happen.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Both apple and Verizon told me both it has nothing to do with hardware since when I restarted my phone everything works fine. It has to do with service and updating the phone software. Does that make sense to anyone? U think they are right? Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro