Software problem

JulietBravo

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
So this has been happening for the past few days. At first, when I was just using my IP4 normally, the phone would act like it had a mind of it's own. It would start acting like I was pressing all these different buttons when I was just holding the phone. I would press a button at the top of the screen, but the phone would register as if I pressed something on the bottom of the screen. It starts going crazy for a few seconds and then stops until I try using it again. I would also double tap the home button to open up the multitask tray, then I would hold down an icon to remove them from the tray and the phone would just return to the home screen. (Hopefully that makes sense)

I restored it and it was fine until I noticed after I went into The Weather Channel app it starting doing the same crazy things. I also noticed in the multitask tray that the TWC icon was dimmer than the rest as if I was selecting it, but it just remained darker than the others. So I deleted the app, restored again, and then everything seemed fine. I downloaded TWC again and then things started happening a day later. Deleted TWC, restored AGAIN, and now just trying with no weather app. Everything was going fine for maybe 8-9 hours and then I noticed it started doing it all over again. I can shut the phone off for 15mins and turn it back on and it will act fine for maybe a few hours.

Maybe it was a different app? But I am not going to go through 100 apps to find out.

Any ideas?

ARTORRENCE

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually had the same sort of issue with my Motorola Droid before I switched to the iPhone 4. If I were you I would take it back and have them give you a new phone as it seems you have a valid issue.

JulietBravo

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Any chance it got wet? Sounds like something is shorting out ... water/moisture damage?

No water damage that I know of... unless you count the 90% humidity and 98 degrees in the Minneapolis area! Obviously I can't take it apart and check the indicator. I am waiting for it to start freaking out again and then go to the Verizon store to show them. Of course as I am waiting, it has been working great since this morning. Just wanted to see if it was an issue anyone has heard of.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner