If I want to switch from BB to a vzw iPhone...how much haggling will it take? Help!

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a 9650 and its starting to crap out on me... i've already gotten it replaced with a refurb since I have insurance and yet it has since been a nightmare in some cases. For instance the performance on the device has gotten EXTREMELY slow despite multiple battery pulls, device memory clearings, and application reloading... Additionally now the phone will randomly restart anywhere at any time without warning. It may occur every 3-4 hours or it may occur sometimes three times in an hour... Its starting to drive me crazy... I want to wait for the new Apple device but since I've been sitting on an upgrade for over 7-8 months now, I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING i can do to get the iphone and not use my upgrade...

Any suggestions? I know its a stretch but if anyone has success please feel free to slide me a few nuggets of info.

Thanks TiPb.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna happen not for a iPhone people try all the time you can upgrade to a Certified pre owned and with save you some money if you have had enough replacements and your device is retired sometimes they will replace it with a similar model that you have

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a 9650 and its starting to crap out on me... i've already gotten it replaced with a refurb since I have insurance and yet it has since been a nightmare in some cases. For instance the performance on the device has gotten EXTREMELY slow despite multiple battery pulls, device memory clearings, and application reloading... Additionally now the phone will randomly restart anywhere at any time without warning. It may occur every 3-4 hours or it may occur sometimes three times in an hour... Its starting to drive me crazy... I want to wait for the new Apple device but since I've been sitting on an upgrade for over 7-8 months now, I'm wondering if there is ANYTHING i can do to get the iphone and not use my upgrade...

Any suggestions? I know its a stretch but if anyone has success please feel free to slide me a few nuggets of info.

Thanks TiPb.

Sure there is. Pay full price. Buy on eBay. Buy on CraigsList. But very doubtful that you can get one from either AT&T or VZW without burning your upgrade.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What I did was buy my IPhone 4 on Craigslist. I sold my 9650 on CL and I just sold my Droid X on Ebay to offset the cost of buying the IPhone. I'm eligible for an upgrade too and have been for several months but I would rather stay off contract for now. So try checking on CL/Ebay if you don't want to use your upgrade.

ubuntudroid

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with CG68's advice. Finding an iPhone 4 that someone is selling would help keep your upgrade option free. I just got the 4 a few weeks back and am not too worried about not being able to get the 5 or whatever it will be when its released. The 4 is an amazing device.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went through 6 replacement blackberry tours (trackball issues mostly) and they wouldn't even let me get the 9650 instead, so there's no way Verizon will let you get the iPhone without using the upgrade. You can get iPhones from other sources, as others suggested, though. That's probably your best option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal