IOS 4.3.4 is released

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the developers of redsn0w will ever add support for 4.3.4 or iOS 5 for the iPad 2. Redsn0w needs the ability to jailbreak the iPad 2. Agree?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying on 4.3.1 until Apple officially releases iOS 5 to the public. I'm old school when it comes to updates; "don't fix what ain't broken".

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm staying on 4.3.1 until Apple officially releases iOS 5 to the public. I'm old school when it comes to updates; "don't fix what ain't broken".

4.3.3 did have some nice bugs fixes from 4.3.1 and 4.3.2

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
4.3.3 did have some nice bugs fixes from 4.3.1 and 4.3.2

I know there were some fixes, but since I wasn't having any issues with my iPhone 4 running 4.3.1, I decided it really wasn't worth the effort to unjailbreak, and go though the process of downloading all my apps and tweaks again.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
so if we upgrade to this, no jailbreak will work at all on 4.3.3? or just the jailbreakme.com website?

None, as far as I know... all 4.3.x releases used the same jailbreak exploit... which Apple patched with 4.3.4. If you want to remain jailbroken, it's a safe bet NOT to upgrade yet.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
so if we upgrade to this, no jailbreak will work at all on 4.3.3? or just the jailbreakme.com website?

I don't understand your question. If you upgrade to 4.3.4 you won't be able to jailbreak 4.3.3 anyway since you would not be on that version anymore.

EDIT: Never mind, Hank answered this....

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know what i've found interesting the last couple of times they released a patch that "fixed" the pdf exploit that allows the easy jailbreak through safari? In both cases where they released a firmware patch, weeks prior to such, a major "iPhone found to have major security hole/breach"...and the media goes nuts with it, turning it into the worst thing anyone has ever experienced using a cellular phone...

While at the same time, it usually comes a few weeks after the pdf jailbreak exploit...lol. Now i can understand the correlation between the two, it does make it easier to implant some kind of nastiness into the phone at a root level...but i don't buy that honestly, i think Apple realizes they can't really do much about jailbreaks anymore since they were deemed just fine by the feds...so they create panic, and then offer a fix.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the timing is awful peculiar...

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I don't understand your question. If you upgrade to 4.3.4 you won't be able to jailbreak 4.3.3 anyway since you would not be on that version anymore.

EDIT: Never mind, Hank answered this....

ok, i think i worded wrong :p
once on 4.3.4 will you still be able to use a different method for jailbreaking is what i meant, or will jailbreakme.com be the only thing that this is blocking. got the answer now though :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok, i think i worded wrong :p
once on 4.3.4 will you still be able to use a different method for jailbreaking is what i meant, or will jailbreakme.com be the only thing that this is blocking. got the answer now though :)

In this case none of the existing jailbreak tools will work. Whether or not an older jailbreak method/tool will work is based on (1) what exploit was used within the iOS release to enable the jailbreak, and (2) what did Apple change in subsequent releases of iOS that could close that "hole" in the iOS.

In the case of iOS 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3, there was an exploit in the pdf viewer that allowed the jailbreak development groups their entry point - and the subsequent releases (4.3.2 and 4.3.3) did not address that exploit - so the existing jailbreak tools continued to work.

When Apple released 4.3.4 (4.2.9 for VZW) they closed that pdf exploit, making the existing jailbreak tools/methods obsolete, so if you have upgraded, you must wait. BTW, Apple also has to "sign" an iOS install to validate and activate your device. Typically when they release a new version of iOS, they stop "signing" the previous versions - which prevents you from being able to simply load an older version of iOS to continue jailbreaking (or to "go back" after upgrading). They have already stopped signing releases prior to 4.3.4 (4.2.9 in VZW) which is why once you upgrade, you can't go back.

BTW, the PwnageTools team released a tethered jailbreak for the new iOS last night - about 12 hours after Apple released the update... untethered jailbreak may take a while, but the hackers have already found an exploit...

Kalebd13

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have issues logging into Google on the web since this upgrade? it is like the protocols have changed. It just logs me in then right out since the upgrade, but my ipad still works fine, no upgrade.

gdasilva

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
what are your opinions so far on 4.3.4? i'm kinda debating on whether i should upgrade it or not. i'm not really planning on jailbreaking because i just love my iphone the way it is.

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
what are your opinions so far on 4.3.4? i'm kinda debating on whether i should upgrade it or not. i'm not really planning on jailbreaking because i just love my iphone the way it is.

I've been running 4.3.4 since Sunday. Other than the update fixing the .pdf security hole, everything else is the same as 4.3.3 for me. However, I am so looking forward to the final release of iOS 5... now that's worth an update haha :D

Reactions: gdasilva

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's not any different than 4.3.3...no features were added, and a useful pdf exploit was eliminated, so honestly, my opinion of it is that it's a waste of time, especially if you're jailbroken and want to remain so without having to tether.

Reactions: gdasilva

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR