From Droid 2 to iPhone 4! Need help though~
I am happy to have made the switch from Droid 2 to iPhone. I love it but I am having some questions that I need help answering. Thanks!
1) When I hit the sleep/wake button, the noise comes 1-2 seconds after I actually click it... Should I be concerned?
2) I think my battery life sucks?!?! On the Droid, I would wake up (around 9-10) and take it off the charger and it would last until around 10 at night. However, with my iPhone, it is already at 40% and I have 2 hours, 26 minutes of usage and 9 hours, 20 minutes of Standby. I don't feel like this is enough. Is this average? I am just asking because Droid seemed to have more.
3) When I hit the home button, it makes a loud clicking noise and not a subtle noise that my friend's white iPhone makes.
4) The white iPhone is slightly thicker. Can anyone recommend the perfect Verizon iPhone White case?
THANKS SO MUCH! I AM CRAZY SO I NOTICE ALL THE TINY DETAILS OF IT THAT MOST PEOPLE WON'T
- 07-14-2011, 05:35 PM #2
Mine has been unplugged for almost 12 hours and I'm at 67%, and that's after a day of some moderate usage. Usually, like when I'm at work and busy..I will have around 80% after the same 12 hours. Today, I've been on it quite a bit...you've either got a dud, or something else isn't right. Most of the time, I can easily see myself going 3 full days on one charge.
- 07-14-2011, 06:30 PM #3
- 07-14-2011, 07:08 PM #4
- 07-14-2011, 07:45 PM #5iPhone Newbie
- 25 Posts
The battery deal could be a number of things. The ones that come to my mind:
Coverage-if you're in a spotty coverage area, the battery's gonna be draining trying to find signal
Brightness setting-If it's at max, that'll kill the battery
Data usage-If your place of work and house have wifi, that's a lot easier on the battery than 3G.
It's a dud-and if so, and you're within the return time, I'm sure the kind folks at the store you bought it from can replace it for you. And if it turns out not to be a dud, they could have tips of their own.
Hope I've helped
- 07-15-2011, 08:32 AM #6
2. Your battery life does suck compared to Droid. Turn off wifi when not using it and follow best practices for phone charging. One tip is do not over charge it. I used to plug it in at night and leave it until morning. Now I charge it to 100 before I go to bed and pull it off the charger. There are posts all over the net on how to get best battery performance. If you get less than 6 hours I would head to Apple.
3. The Home Button should make a small noise when you press it but it shouldn't be ridiculous. IF so, make an appointment at Apple.
4. My wife has the white Verizon IPhone. She is currently using Case-Mate products and they are working fine.
Have fun with your phone. As a former Droid user, I know you will have fun.
- 07-15-2011, 10:14 AM #7
- 07-15-2011, 12:03 PM #8
- 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM #9
1. No, that "CLICK" noise you hear usually comes a second late depending on what I am setting it to sleep from. No concern.
2. Honestly? Probably a dud. I run with WIFI on 24/7, my brightness at Max, and I can still get a clean 24 hrs out of it easily. That is around 8-10 hours of actual USE. And I spend a fair amount of my day in crappy signal area's
3. My home button doesn't make a loud noise. Barely makes one at all if at all.
4. The white iPhone being thicker than the black one is an old debate. Some claim it is, some don't. I haven't had any case issues with either. But I switch between a clear backed griffin case with a black band around it (not sure of the name). And a Seidio (SP?) holster.
- 07-15-2011, 02:04 PM #10