AT&T selling refurbished IPhone 4's

onlyifuknewme

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was looking online as I always do to see if I'm do for an upgrade. To my surprise I was and on top of that I see that At&t is selling refurbished IPhone 4's for $99!!!! I was so excited I couldn't believe it. So I rush to add it as my upgrade hoping that they haven't sold them all out and at the end when I'm about to complete my order for my phone I see that my total comes out to $174!:eek: ($99 + $17 activation + $57 taxes). What's up with that??? Given I understand that I live in CA and sales tax is ridiculously hight but to pay $57 in taxes on a phone that's $99. So at that point I did a little research and found out that only 3 states charge taxes on that full price of a phone prior to the discount and of course CA is one of them. So I figured since I'm heading to Colorado on vacation in a few weeks, should I just buy a brand new IPhone at Wal-Mart (which is $147) or should I get a refurbished now??? :confused:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you on some kind of time crunch? It'd be foolish to spend more for a lesser phone, even if you had to wait a month, there is no logic in picking the refurbished phone over the new phone if the new phone costs less.

onlyifuknewme

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you on some kind of time crunch? It'd be foolish to spend more for a lesser phone, even if you had to wait a month, there is no logic in picking the refurbished phone over the new phone if the new phone costs less.

I'm kinda in a time crunch. So far I have convinced my wife to buy it for me and not sure how long it will last.:D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was looking online as I always do to see if I'm do for an upgrade. To my surprise I was and on top of that I see that At&t is selling refurbished IPhone 4's for $99!!!! I was so excited I couldn't believe it. So I rush to add it as my upgrade hoping that they haven't sold them all out and at the end when I'm about to complete my order for my phone I see that my total comes out to $174!:eek: ($99 + $17 activation + $57 taxes). What's up with that??? Given I understand that I live in CA and sales tax is ridiculously hight but to pay $57 in taxes on a phone that's $99. So at that point I did a little research and found out that only 3 states charge taxes on that full price of a phone prior to the discount and of course CA is one of them. So I figured since I'm heading to Colorado on vacation in a few weeks, should I just buy a brand new IPhone at Wal-Mart (which is $147) or should I get a refurbished now??? :confused:

Does your nearest Apple store in your charge tax on retail or contract pricing? For example, at my Apple store in NV you can get 16GB's OTD for $216 or 32GB's for $324 OTD. If they dont charge tax on retail, it may not be much more.

Reactions: zoe_lee

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It's up to you to decide what to do. I bought my iPhone refurbished, and loved it. It had a problem with the sim card tray though, so I took it to Apple and they replaced it with a new one.

onlyifuknewme

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to buy a refurbished one. I had it delivered to my mother in law's in Minnesota. I paid under $130 including tax and upgrade fee. Thanks for all your input. This phone is awesome. Dont know why I waiting so long to switch over to iPhone. :)

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just bought another refurbished phone for the 2nd line on my plan. (Upgraded from a $10 go phone since the Samsung Strive died...) It was $299 since I wasn't eligible for a discount, but thought it was a great deal!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice