Memory Usage

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So I know memory usage is a big deal with finding a plan. I know Verizon wants to start placing caps. So before I get trapped and can still make a decision.

I was wondering how much internet do you use and what do you do online.

Such as

DUDE1: use 5GB a month, Stream a bunch of netflix!

I really have no clue, I have yet have a smart phone, I am interested in the next iphone, but in all honesty a jump from my current phone that can only make calls and texts, it would be a huge improvement to me.

I am a tech guy so I would like to enjoy the internet, but I don't want to be dumb about it either and sign up for a random plan by guessing. any and all help will be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I use wi-fi quite a bit which helps, but I'm averaging around 1gb per month usage (data is what I assume you mean and not memory?) I usually watch some youtube videos, check facebook/twitter/engadget, and google a few things every now and then throughout the day.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I just assumed you knew since you were asking about usage...I'd you could have gotten unlimited then it wouldn't matter how much people use.

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just assumed you knew since you were asking about usage...I'd you could have gotten unlimited then it wouldn't matter how much people use.

well if it were still available I would still want to compare the prices of the data plans. Like I said I have not owned a smart phone so I honestly have no idea how much any data plan costs.

So I first want to figure out my usage before looking up the cost of plans. I don't want to look at the prices first, I just want to decide what I need and go with that.

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
On my Moto Droid for the last 3 months I used 400-600MB per month. On my iphone for the first month so far.. 172MB over 3g, 400 total though including wifi.

My best advice is if you have to get capped data just don't go crazy streaming video on youtube or netflix. If you use it for email, internet, facebook and light browsing you'll never even come close to the 2GB cap. I've been a smartphone user for 4 years now and I've never gone over 900MB in a month.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Until about a week ago, unlimited for 29.99 was the only option. If you already had it you're grandfathered in... But for new service it's tiered at different prices...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2