Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

Default Text messages

Not that often but has anyone been getting text messages sent to your email box on your iPhone...2 different people in 2 days, I received a email from xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.com. Could this be from the new upcoming chat app being tested on Att's server side?
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

Not chat app but imessage app
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

IIRC there's an email that they can send to you for mms via email. Something like your number@mms.att.com or something like that. Might want to ask the people how they messaged you.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

Both these people would not know about this, and my email was getting number@mms.att.com from them, it was just kind of weird for 2 of those to come in the same week
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Were they sending you a text message (and knew your phone number), or did they maybe only have your email address (which might explain why it came from their MMS "address" and went to your email)?
    --
    applejosh
    Present: iPhone 6 Plus 64GB, iPhone5 32GB AT&T, iPad Air 64GB, early 2011 MBP, AppleTV 2nd Gen
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

They had my number and my email address, both are not tech savvy but the email came from number@mms.att.com, it was weird cause neither would have that att address or know about it
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Earless Puppy View Post
    They had my number and my email address, both are not tech savvy but the email came from number@mms.att.com, it was weird cause neither would have that att address or know about it
    But if they sent a txt message to your email, it would come from their number@mms.att.com. Was that "number" your number or theirs?
    --
    applejosh
    Present: iPhone 6 Plus 64GB, iPhone5 32GB AT&T, iPad Air 64GB, early 2011 MBP, AppleTV 2nd Gen
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

It was their number, I assume you mean the listed sender for the email