Issue With iBooks and Jailbroken iPhone

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I purchased five books from iBooks as I was going on a vacation and wanted to be able to read them during the trip. Unfortunately I should have first downloaded a sample before making my purchases.

I attached two screen shots of the issues I'm having. It seems that I'm having these issues with every book I have purchased in iBooks so it's not just one book. And I do not think the epub files are corrupted. I have tried uninstalling iBooks, downloaded the books again on my phone, and even deleting the books and then downloading them again in iTunes and synching them over again.

Just now I restored my phone and tested the books without having jailbreak and it worked fine. Then I jailbroke my phone with Redsn0w and got the same issue as before. And I even restored and jailbroke with jailbreakme.com and again I'm having the same issue. So obviously the issue only arises with jailbroken iPhones.

Is there a way to fix this issue? And is anyone else experiencing the same problem as me?

It's becoming very frustrating as I could have purchased these books from Kobo and ripped the DRM and just read them that way as I have done that in the past and it works perfectly even with a jailbroken iPhone.

I'd appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks in advance.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I was having the same problem as you after jailbreaking my iPad 2 today. The only fix that worked for me was to go to Cydia, Sources, (hit edit) and add the following repo: insanelyi Repository - insanelyi. Then go to search and type in "iBooksFix". Once you install that app, reboot you iPhone and you shouldn't receive anymore messages like that....

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Be careful posting that repo. Someone might want to throw that up on a more reputable one.

Is there another one that will work better? This one was the only one that I found this afternoon while doing a Google search to fix this problem. Thanks.

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip.

I just tried it and rebooted numerous times but I'm still getting the same results.

Thanks anyways, I guess I'll just have to try my best to read it the way it is unless I can find a fix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods