Need advice!!

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey, been back and forth from BB's to android to iPhones but I always come back to the iPhone, but heres the gripe I have I live in a basement suite and lose signal all the time and it drives me nuts (I will be moving soon though) so I guess I'm looking for reassurance that it would be a mistake to go back to something like a desire HD or a torch/bold2 9780....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seriously... how can anybody answer this for you? Who's to say what's a "mistake" and what isn't. Don't mean to be rude... but it's time to put on your 'big boy pants' and make the decision. My situation isn't yours. Neither is the next guy's or the next gal's.

Personally, I love my iPhone and wouldn't trade it for an android, BB or Windows phone... but, as with most things related to technology, YMMV.

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
well since there is no tone over the internet I'll explain a little better, its more of an opinion I'm looking for I guess just wondering if anyones been in a similar situation and if the reception thing drove them to get another phone or if they just stuck it out... dont worry about sounding rude... there is no sound lol.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Still it's a question of what YOU need...I hardly ever talk on my iPhone, so that wouldn't bug me at all as long as I had a good wifi connection at home. But you haven't given us any details...do you talk a lot? Did those other phones keep a good signal at home? Do you have wifi? How soon are you moving? Have you looked into a microcell from your carrier? Etc, etc, etc.

That said, my advice is to always stay away from BB...it's just getting painfully behind the times. Android is a better option, but bear in mind you're asking for advice on an iOS blog.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, been back and forth from BB's to android to iPhones but I always come back to the iPhone, but heres the gripe I have I live in a basement suite and lose signal all the time and it drives me nuts (I will be moving soon though) so I guess I'm looking for reassurance that it would be a mistake to go back to something like a desire HD or a torch/bold2 9780....

I'll make your decision I dont mind haha jk
If reception is a issue because of a basement get a signal booster extender or whatever run the antenna out side but the booster in the basement .. Wifi router in basement for data n your golden iPhone bb or whatever no signal prob
Now personally I had bb for 3 years loved it until I got a iPhone lol iPhone can do so much more plus to me the iPhone touch screen is way more responsive then any android I've ever had
But like everyone said it's what you like .. But you did ask in a iPhone forum so I bet u knew the answer lol if you want someone to tell you blackberry are amazing and don't leave rim just wait for the xxxx to come out go make a post on crackberry lol

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I talk a bit, the Atrix and BB's hold good signal, I do have wifi but does that even make a difference in call quality? I'll be moving around september I'd say... and how pricey is a microcell?
I ask this here because I'm quite partial to the iPhone but the whole No Service or no 3G drives me nuts.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
if you keep coming back, dont you think its a mistake leaving? Something s drawing you back

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I talk a bit, the Atrix and BB's hold good signal, I do have wifi but does that even make a difference in call quality? I'll be moving around september I'd say... and how pricey is a microcell?
I ask this here because I'm quite partial to the iPhone but the whole No Service or no 3G drives me nuts.

Wifi should have very little to do with call quality... neither AT&T nor VZW offer wifi calling (apart from Skype/Facetime)... as I recall, only T-Mo offers UMA calling over wifi.

AT&T gets about $150 for their microcells... I would imagine that VZW is competitive in that regard, but don't know for sure.

BenSWoodruff

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've recently re-entered iPhone land as well. My 3GS holds its own against other platforms pretty well. The only reason for this in my eyes is because I've been finding more/newer jailbreak capabilities, so I can get it closer to the way I really want it to behave.

I've tried other systems that I feel have better systems: Android (in some ways better, some ways worse), Palm Pre 2 (system is much better, but few apps to use and weird platform decisions from HP), BB has better physical hardware IMO (not internals lol); but the iPhone is always ahead for one reason or another. If you combine the lists of features, major developer engagement, huge list of possible tweaks and the system reliability factor together, you'll know it's worth at least keeping as a back up. If you want, get a Skype subscription or microcell. Google Voice aint a bad idea either. Sometimes AT&T will provide a discounted or free microcell if you tell them you get no service and ask nicely. Worth a shot lol. Even when I'm trying out another platform (and I do really like WP7 and webOS), I keep my old trusty 3GS on back up. I had a bad experience with the Droid 2, so I would stay away from Android myself in the future. I'd say that if you're really looking for a similar platform to switch to, try WP7. It is a simple enough system with enough features and apps and games to get you by. It's more customer friendly than Android, yet still has more hardware options than iOS. Focus or HD7S only, other AT&T WP are crap lol. Maybe the LG one if you like smaller/qwerty phones.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't impressed wit Android and BlackBerry lost its innovation, so I switched to iPhone and am 98% satisfied. iOS 5 is just around the corner and I expect it will be a great update. I don't regret my choice.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wifi should have very little to do with call quality... neither AT&T nor VZW offer wifi calling (apart from Skype/Facetime)... as I recall, only T-Mo offers UMA calling over wifi.

AT&T gets about $150 for their microcells... I would imagine that VZW is competitive in that regard, but don't know for sure.

Verizons are 250 but cover voice and data but have no monthly fee just buy the equipment

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Save your money, move out of the basement...then buy another iPhone.

Hahaha that being said I would stay iPhone and I would say it's not really the devices more the network not covering you down there. So move out of the basement lol

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
well I'll probably be moving sooner anyways, keep my iPhone and put up with it for another month and a half or so, got a new sim card which did actually help and gained me a bar, I'm with Telus btw.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2