Sync FB calendar with iPhone calendar?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That's a good question, that would be great especially if there's a way that would sync friends birthdays as well.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That's what prompted me to ask the question! I actually missed a friend's birthday party because I had it written down in July, not June. It was my own mistake, but it would have helped if I had had the friend's birthday on my calendar.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I found an app looking through the app store, but it's not the beat looking thing in the world. SnapCal is the name of it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
After working around the issue more, I found that you can export both facebook events and birthdays from facebook and add those to your google sync. Once you click on either events or birthday scroll to the bottom and click export and follow the directions to add the to your calendar.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
After working around the issue more, I found that you can export both facebook events and birthdays from facebook and add those to your google sync. Once you click on either events or birthday scroll to the bottom and click export and follow the directions to add the to your calendar.

Google sync?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you use Google Calendar and you have more than just the calendar called "My Calendar" you use Google Sync to add the calendar to your iPhone after you add your gmail account as exchange.

t_williams9476

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out! If you have a Mac, then it is REALLY simple! All I did was I went to events on FB, went to the bottom of the screen, clicked export, and added FB events as a subscription to my iCal! So simple! So that solves the problem for people who don't have a gmail account (I use my school account for EVERYTHING). I think it also allows you to sync to other applications that are not Mac specific. I wasn't really paying attention because I was too excited!

Reactions: matttomlan#IM

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
There's an app called Occasions that pulls bithdays from your address book and syncs with Facebook. It sends notifications when birthdays are coming up as well as on the day of. You can post to the persons Facebook wall directly from the app. I've been using it over a year and it works perfectly. It does anniversaries as well as holidays in different countries. Can't remember if it was free when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Go to your facebook account, click on link for birthdays or events, scroll down to export and click, copy link, open up your google calendar and click to add calendar, select web URL and paste the link from facebook in. Set up google sync for your iPhone or iPad by going to Google Sync services and follow instructions for iPhone. On iPhone add your gmail account to iPhone as an exchange account and make sure calendar is set to on. Now in calendar app click calendars and make sure the name for your calendars with the birthdays is selected.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2