What an iPhone can't do?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely say notifications like everyone else but thanks to ios5 copying that you're good to go

Also ^^ I missed my notification light when i switched and the new iphone will probably have one of those too so you're really set :)

I missed the notification light as well when I switched from my old BB Bold to the iPhone 3GS. I'll be more than happy to finally get it back again. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I missed the notification light as well when I switched from my old BB Bold to the iPhone 3GS. I'll be more than happy to finally get it back again. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Yea same but if the iphone can't do LTE (there's another thing lol) then maybe I'll have to stick with android... But we'll see maybe it will be LTE capable

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread was started 2 months ago, but I had the iPhone since AT&T (including the iPhone 4 on AT&T) and then I switched to Verizon and got the Thunderbolt. Even though I loved the phone (and what it could do), the battery life was terrible and missed the iPhone more than I ever thought I would. Phone preferences are completely based on what you are looking for but for me, it's the iPhone without a doubt.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
There are many apps that let you mount the iPhone as a network drive over wifi and transfer any file you want. Why would I need to connect my iPhone to my computer to use the internet? It has it's own connection, 2 in fact.

I have been looking for an app like this. Could you please provide the names of the 2 apps you describe?

petworks97

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
i'm coming from a blackberry. one feature i really like is bedside mode. i don't know how i'm going to live without this .i also don't understand how apple doesn't have this. when you plug the phone in to charge the sound profile can be set to change. the clock stays lit. you can set the time you want this to happen. it's an amazing feature. you don't have to open an qpp to make this happen, just plug the phone in. i have it set so that only phone calls and text messages vibrate. everything else is silent. you can customize it however you want. l wish apple would have something like this in the new os.

taeisme4eva

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
does nightstand change your sound profiles? also you have to open the app to get it to work. the blackberry does this when you plug it in..

No it doesn't but I place my phone on silent before I go to bed and yes you have to launch the app. I had blackberry, android and now apple and while the transition maybe interesting, for me it was totally worth it. And yes, there is an app for EVERYTHING. I never regretted leaving blackberry or android.

petworks97

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have two teenagers. They text me when they are coming home at night. If the phone is on silent I won't hear it. If it's on vibrate I will be bothered by every email. Is there a way to set it so that only texts vibrate and everthing else is silent?

garrett

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have two teenagers. They text me when they are coming home at night. If the phone is on silent I won't hear it. If it's on vibrate I will be bothered by every email. Is there a way to set it so that only texts vibrate and everthing else is silent?

unfortunatly no .... not for stock iOS. There is a app in the cydia(jailbroken) market called "auto profiles manager" that will do what your wanting..

hopefully theres a solution in iOS5

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2