how do i get a large video file out of iphone?

jimmando

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm a newbie here.
I took a 20 minute video with my iphone 4 and can't get it downloaded onto my computer. I have tried syncing, drag and drop, copy and paste.
Any other ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Chavista

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
normally you would connect it to your computer and use iPhoto or image capture to import the video, Bu if you having some issues for some reason try this app called videosafe.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When your phone is connected go to "My Computer" and you'll see the phone in the explorer. Just
open it to where the file is located and then you can do the drag and drop.

Assuming you're on Windows.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
iPhone explorer is what I use. Make sure you install afc2add from Cydia to let you browse your iPhone root with stability. Without it you will fine programs crashing during transfers.

lydia331

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried to copy some very large video files from my iPhone to my PC this week. They were 45 minute long videos, over a gig in size. I tried to use Windows Explorer to do it, but the copy kept failing. So I surfed around and found a free product that worked great, and I wanted to share it with you. It?s called Copy Trans. It copied all these big files into iTunes for me.

Reactions: jimmando

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable, open My Computer, your iPhone should be in the list of hard drives. Navigate down through the folders until you find your video, and copy the file like any other file.

jimmando

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the ideas.
I have tried the connect with cable, MyComputer method. Fail.
So I am grateful to hear of different software. I'll give a try and report back.

bish0p34

May 10, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Copytrans as well! It seems like videos over 5-6 minutes won't transfer from the phone for me. They always come out as 0kb and won't play. Copytrans has been far more reliable for me. I stopped using iTunes for music and use Copytrans to manage it instead.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I use iFunbox, fast and convenient...but i've also never had transfer issues with iPhoto or iMovie when transferring videos either, so i don't know what Apple could do any better outside of maybe a quicker transfer rate through their native software.

jimmando

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I know very little about software and data transfer, but it just seems lame to me that Apple software can't support the functionality they advertise, yet some other guy can write software that worked immediately.

Douglas Hero

May 11, 2016
Visit site
LaunchPad > Other > ImageCapture. Select the long video. Select a place with a lot of space to put it. Click import wait for while while your mac works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR