i found this
I've been using itunes to make ringtones for the longest.
1. Add song to library
2. Right-Click on Song and select Get Info
3. Go to the "Options" tab and enter "Start Time" and "End Time" of your choosing and hit "OK"
4. Right-Click on the song again and select "Create ACC Version"
5. Your XX second ringtone will appear and then drag to desktop and change the file extension from .m4r to .m4r. Double click on the file and it should go straight to your "Ringtones" section in itunes.
6. There you go!! Easy as 1-2-3-4-5.
hopefully that works