Where do the deleted emails go ?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I cannot find emails I delete on my iphone.

My wife has the same issue. Both gmail accounts

I have tried the different settings in exchange and my wife has it set up the default way

I cannot understand wht email is so cumbersome with IOS.

Its the only thing i miss about BB

Please help

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I cannot find emails I delete on my iphone.

My wife has the same issue. Both gmail accounts

I have tried the different settings in exchange and my wife has it set up the default way

I cannot understand wht email is so cumbersome with IOS.

Its the only thing i miss about BB

Please help

Where would you expect to find deleted email? If you delete it, isn't it "gone"? (not trying to be flippant, really don't understand the issue/problem.)

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
in the mail app on my mac I can view deleted emails, why would the phone be any different ?

Sometimes I delete a email by mistake, the delete icon is right next to the file icon.

Doesnt it seem normal to be able to access deleted emails ?

seems simple to me.

So you are saying if I delete a email it is completely gone forever ??

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Look in your trash folder. That's where they like to hide. Just like on your mac. The navigation button is on the top left. Go out to the folder tree. Then select the proper account, should unfold and show you the trash folder.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On the iPhone's mail program, you've got the main screen with mailboxes, and at the bottom, accounts. Click on the accounts selection for your gmail, and you'll find a folder view like on a computer. Anything you deleted will be in the trash folder unless you've emptied it, or in the all mail folder and you can move it to your in box again.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
If you are using gmail as exchange, your deleted emails don't really delete. They are moved to the all mail folder. I've made a folder called iPhone trash and I move the trash to it on the phone then empty that folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appgirl

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I had this same issue cpc12, what I figured out was all my email accounts were actually seperated as well as joined, so the gmail ones were archived, not really deleted, until I went into the seperate gmail account and physically deleted them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711