listening to music in car

donjt81

May 5, 2011
Visit site
On my drive to work I would like to listen to songs on my iPhone thru the car speakers.

I dont have one of these new cars where there is an iphone attachment to listen to your iPhone.

I have tried the FM transmitters that you plug into your iPhone and change the frequency of the radio to, lets say, 88.1. I have the one from Griffin. But I get soo much static that I can't listen to anything consistently, no matter how many times I change the frequency.

How do you guys listen to your iPhone songs thru your car speakers? There has to be another way.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth receivers like in cars w/ SYNC, Auxiliary inputs for 3.5mm cords, tape deck adapters are about the only other ways I believe.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth receivers like in cars w/ SYNC, Auxiliary inputs for 3.5mm cords, tape deck adapters are about the only other ways I believe.

Yep. Wife's LaCrosse has bluetooth connectivity. My Miata has a cabled AUX input. Both work flawlessly.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
no bluetooth either. I will have to look into the aux port. That might be my only option looks like.

Best buy sells a kit that's made to hook to factory stereos in 2 ways if your has a aux button or they route in as a direct connection using a splitter on ur fm antenna you can buy the kits cheaper on amazon but that's If your comfortable to install yourself or a friend if not you can buy at best buy and they can install

Or you can buy a after market stereo with the connection you want

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
FM transmitters are the worst option if you care about sound. An iPod/iPhone interface is generally preferred but AUX in and bluetooth A2DP are good options as well.

If your factory stereo does not have an iPod/iPhone interface or an AUX in there are companies such as USA Spec, Pac Audio, etc that make interfaces for factory stereos.

My wife's car has an AUX in on the factory head unit. I replaced the head unit in my car for one that included an iPod/iPhone interface.

Last edited:

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
My friend bought her fm transmitter from apple. She loves it and it sounds good. My car has factory cd player and no other goodies. So fm is the only way for me. Really don't wanna fork out $50 for the transmitter but it's worth it.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
FM transmitters are the worst option if you care about sound. An iPod/iPhone interface is generally preferred but AUX in and bluetooth A2DP are good options as well.

If your factory stereo does not have an iPod/iPhone interface or an AUX in there are companies such as USA Spec, Pac Audio, etc that make interfaces for factory stereos.

My wife's car has an AUX in on the factory head unit. I replaced the head unit in my car for one that included an iPod/iPhone interface.

+1 on the USASPEC. I have their iPhone adapter in my Acura TL and love it. I believe all you need is XM radio in your car for it to work but if you have Navigation like I do, you get to see all artist and song info listed on the screen. It also runs your iPhone by the steering wheel controls if you have them plus it even charges your iPhone. The best feature to me is the ability to listen to and streaming audio out of iPhone too.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I use the auxiliary jack on my factory deck in my 08 Chevy Silverado pickup! Works excellent!! I have in the years passed used FM transmitters and I agree, it is not a great connectivity method. It works but there are much better ways!

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
One of the better FM transmitter/Bluetooth is Satechi. Highly recommended. I have one for my other two cars that do not have bluetooth.

Google Satechi and follow the link to Amazon's website. I cannot post a link since I am a newb.

jjdustr340

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used, or know someone who owns, the O'Car stereo from Oxygen Audio? That thing looks way too cool. Might be worth the $349 price tag.

bakerman1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a clarion cz500 in 2 of my cars and i play Internet streaming and music through Bluetooth to the stereo and it's works great! It was a fairly cheap deck to from crutchfield with free shipping and the dash kit for your specific car. $160. Not bad, one frustration that I have though and I'm not sure how to remedy it is when I get into my car, myphone automatically connects and starts playing music. I love that it connects but I don't want it to start playing music. My Pre didn't do this? Any thoughts?

Ken

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR