GMail push non-functional

mattb85

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got an iPhone 4 yesterday (iOS 4.2.8), set it up with my G-mail account, set the device's settings to push, and it doesn't. I have to manually refresh emails, and it's mildly annoying to say the least. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got an iPhone 4 yesterday (iOS 4.2.8), set it up with my G-mail account, set the device's settings to push, and it doesn't. I have to manually refresh emails, and it's mildly annoying to say the least. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?

I had the same issue and was told to set up gmail as an exchange account then it will push

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
push only works as icloud/me.com and microsoft exchange accounts! thats why it isnt working, its nothing wrong with the phone or software.

maaatter

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Set up your GMail account as an Exchange account, that's the only way to get push email. When you set it up as Exchange it's going to be m.google.com for the domain and server address.

mtbykr

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a link to walk you through setting it up to push, however since I'm new it won't let me post the link....PM me and I will send it to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73