SMS volume

TeaTimeAlice

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I just purchased my very first iPhone today and have one issue I can't seem solve.

The sms tone is loud! When I turn down the volume it's perfect but then my ringtone is really low. Also when I play words with friends, the alert volume on that is super loud too, scares me when it goes off lol
Is there a way I can just turn down the sms and alerts volume?

Thanks!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I just purchased my very first iPhone today and have one issue I can't seem solve.

The sms tone is loud! When I turn down the volume it's perfect but then my ringtone is really low. Also when I play words with friends, the alert volume on that is super loud too, scares me when it goes off lol
Is there a way I can just turn down the sms and alerts volume?

Thanks!

No not yet at least They go hand in hand all or nothing

Reactions: TeaTimeAlice

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You might try using a different tone; some of them seem louder than others. (The chime sound is really piercing for instance.)

TeaTimeAlice

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So far all of them seem really loud to me.

Do you think if I created a ringtone and set its volume higher than normal, I could turn the iP volume down for the sms/alert tones but my ringtone would still be loud?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting idea, I've never tried it...but I have definitely had to remake some of my ringtones because they were too loud. So it seems like a good workaround; give it a try and let us know how it goes!

TeaTimeAlice

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting idea, I've never tried it...but I have definitely had to remake some of my ringtones because they were too loud. So it seems like a good workaround; give it a try and let us know how it goes!

I've been trying to make one with a higher volume but can't seem to figure it out.
How have you made your ringtones?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I usually use Audacity to make my audio files, but I believe you can also adjust the volume in iTunes by right-clicking and using Get Info>Options>Audio Adjustment.

TeaTimeAlice

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried right clicking the ringtone in iTunes but it grays out the volume. I can up the mp3 volume but when I change it from ACC (or AAC?) to m4r it puts the volume back to default.

So far I haven't been able to get my specific ringtone to be louder (Golden Girls theme music :D) but I'll try again later.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen