lost iphone

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
i remember on my berry i could put a message on the lock screen such as my contact info in case my phone is lost. so when the screen is locked it displays whatever message i want like "call 555-5555 if this phone is found". is there anyway to do that on an iphone ?

and yeah im not naive enough to believe im likely to get my phone back if lost but it does happen from time to time.

Ham Solo

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
If you have the "Find My iPhone" app, then yes. Just log in to me.com from a computer and you can lock the phone, display a message, or sound an alarm. This can be done from another iOS device, as well, if it too has the app installed.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
yeah that feature is great but that leaves it up to me to find it. also its pretty easy to circumvent...remove sim or have phone powered off. blackberry has the same thing called blackberry protect. it all looks cool but is only useful in certain unlikely situations but hey its better than nothing.

something tells me there's a jailbreak app for what im looking for. another one of those issues solved by jailbreaking i guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods