Is an iPhone 4 with a bad ESN worth anything?

vzwtech07

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Why is the esn bad, if its on the lost stolen list your sol. Now if its just bad for non-payment after about 6 months the esn will be released when the acct is terminated for non-payment and the phone can be used...PM me and I should be able to find out why the esn is bad.

Reactions: wstev

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Why is the esn bad, if its on the lost stolen list your sol. Now if its just bad for non-payment after about 6 months the esn will be released when the acct is terminated for non-payment and the phone can be used...PM me and I should be able to find out why the esn is bad.

Someone works for Verizon tech support ;)

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
like the first reply said. Only outside the US or using the iPhone as an iPod touch. You could also use the iPhone for parts to fix another iPhone. There really isn't much point to it.

ishag

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a phone with bad ESN

I have a phone with bad ESN. I got it from Craigslist and that guy cheated me.

Can you help me.

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 4 16gb on craigslist for only 200 dollars and it was only a week old, no scratches or anything. I thought it was too good to be true but nope, no trouble activating it and it works perfectly. Gotta love people on craigslist who have no idea how much something is worth ;)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 4 16gb on craigslist for only 200 dollars and it was only a week old, no scratches or anything. I thought it was too good to be true but nope, no trouble activating it and it works perfectly. Gotta love people on craigslist who have no idea how much something is worth ;)

True. The person who sold it was probably more concerned with getting just enough money to pay for the new phone that they would be getting and less concerned with making a profit on the one they were selling. That is great for people like you, though, who get a great deal out of it.

bikenxs

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Bad esn for me also

I also got scammed on Iphone 4s purchase, mine is in original box however it has locked esn. It worked when I inspected it, then owner reset to original, and by the time I got home to activate it, it was locked What can I do?

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If you already have an iPhone 4 you could always use the one with a bad esn for the things listed previously OR you could use it for parts/color swap. That's what I did. Although, don't make the mistake of completely tearing both of them apart...hahaha...just switch out the mother/logic boards otherwise you could end up with my signature :p

Sent from my iPhone that was once black, but now has a voided warranty and a little blue dot at the bottom right of the screen using Tapatalk

AprezaGyrl

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
OMG I was soo scammed!!!

So I bought an Iphone4 off craigslist and brought it home and of course it has as bad ESN this is my first Iphone and I dont know what to do. Of course I cant return it the dude doesnt even answer my calls emails or texts!!! UUUGGHH Im so frustrated. Sure wish I had a friend that worked for verizon!!!...Any Ideas as to what I can do now. :confused:

borrowedchief

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it. Any time I have ever bought or sold a phone on Craigslist, I always met the buyer/seller at the phone company. This way they will check the phone tom make sure it's good to go.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You could sell it to a iPhone repair company for parts. That's about it. Always use checkesnfree.com for CDMA phones before buying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711