Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Is an iPhone 4 with a bad ESN worth anything?

i have been looking for an iphone and i was wondering if there is anything i can do with a iphone 4 32 gb with a bad esn?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1 Beta 2

can only be used outside of the us, or as an ipod touch
     Gold iPhone 5S 64 GB VZW on iOS 7.0.2  iPad 3rd Gen Black 16GB  Black MacBook 13" 2008  20" iMac Late 2007  Apple TV 2  2009 13' MacBook Pro
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Why is the esn bad, if its on the lost stolen list your sol. Now if its just bad for non-payment after about 6 months the esn will be released when the acct is terminated for non-payment and the phone can be used...PM me and I should be able to find out why the esn is bad.
    Thanked by:
    wstev (09-27-2011)
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

It's a very, very small Wifi tablet. :-) It at least has a better camera than any of the tablets out there.
    salpiche and wildmangk like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by c0somja View Post
    Why is the esn bad, if its on the lost stolen list your sol. Now if its just bad for non-payment after about 6 months the esn will be released when the acct is terminated for non-payment and the phone can be used...PM me and I should be able to find out why the esn is bad.
    Someone works for Verizon tech support
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts

like the first reply said. Only outside the US or using the iPhone as an iPod touch. You could also use the iPhone for parts to fix another iPhone. There really isn't much point to it.
    iPhone Nanite

I bought one for 30 bucks and turned around and sold it for 200... There is quite an advantage if you can hustle lol.
    iPhone Nanite

Angry I have a phone with bad ESN

I have a phone with bad ESN. I got it from Craigslist and that guy cheated me.

Can you help me.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishag View Post
    I have a phone with bad ESN. I got it from Craigslist and that guy cheated me.

Can you help me.
    You should have checked prior to giving him the $$.
    wildmangk likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kirk1914 View Post
    I bought one for 30 bucks and turned around and sold it for 200... There is quite an advantage if you can hustle lol.
    Seriously? Hustling someone is an advantage? How sad.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I bought my iPhone 4 16gb on craigslist for only 200 dollars and it was only a week old, no scratches or anything. I thought it was too good to be true but nope, no trouble activating it and it works perfectly. Gotta love people on craigslist who have no idea how much something is worth
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmilleville1990 View Post
    I bought my iPhone 4 16gb on craigslist for only 200 dollars and it was only a week old, no scratches or anything. I thought it was too good to be true but nope, no trouble activating it and it works perfectly. Gotta love people on craigslist who have no idea how much something is worth
    True. The person who sold it was probably more concerned with getting just enough money to pay for the new phone that they would be getting and less concerned with making a profit on the one they were selling. That is great for people like you, though, who get a great deal out of it.
    dmilleville90 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Someone works for Verizon tech support
    I need some Verizon tech support!!! ASAP!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

What's wrong kitty pm me

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

Default Bad esn for me also

I also got scammed on Iphone 4s purchase, mine is in original box however it has locked esn. It worked when I inspected it, then owner reset to original, and by the time I got home to activate it, it was locked What can I do?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If you already have an iPhone 4 you could always use the one with a bad esn for the things listed previously OR you could use it for parts/color swap. That's what I did. Although, don't make the mistake of completely tearing both of them apart...hahaha...just switch out the mother/logic boards otherwise you could end up with my signature

Sent from my iPhone that was once black, but now has a voided warranty and a little blue dot at the bottom right of the screen using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

Default OMG I was soo scammed!!!

So I bought an Iphone4 off craigslist and brought it home and of course it has as bad ESN this is my first Iphone and I dont know what to do. Of course I cant return it the dude doesnt even answer my calls emails or texts!!! UUUGGHH Im so frustrated. Sure wish I had a friend that worked for verizon!!!...Any Ideas as to what I can do now.
    iMore Pro

It's been reported lost. Only the original owner can report it found again....
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I don't get it. Any time I have ever bought or sold a phone on Craigslist, I always met the buyer/seller at the phone company. This way they will check the phone tom make sure it's good to go.
    kataran likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

You could sell it to a iPhone repair company for parts. That's about it. Always use checkesnfree.com for CDMA phones before buying.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by AprezaGyrl View Post
    So I bought an Iphone4 off craigslist and brought it home and of course it has as bad ESN this is my first Iphone and I dont know what to do. Of course I cant return it the dude doesnt even answer my calls emails or texts!!! UUUGGHH Im so frustrated. Sure wish I had a friend that worked for verizon!!!...Any Ideas as to what I can do now.
    Resell it on eBay to get your money back and buy a good esn phone

That or have it flashed to cricket or metro or someone company

Or use it as a iPod

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

these guys on this site usually give a very good price in my exp. !

iPhone Nanite

Default re: Is an iPhone 4 with a bad ESN worth anything?

Can you help with this. I have 2 phones that are bad for non payment. iPhone 4S and a Samsung galaxy S3
    iPhone Nanite

hey, how you doing? may you check why my iphone 4 has bad esn? i bought it from craigslist and its locked and person wont take back, im stuck((
    iPhone Nanite

can you tell me why mine is too?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast