Apple ID & Cloud Question

Rock48nj

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Kind of thinking out loud here... I like others had an existing apple/iTunes ID when I got my phone and subsequently signed up for Mobile Me and thus a new ID.. with no way to merge the two/change my old ID to my new ID.

So in essence all my music, games, books etc are aligned with my older ID and all my contacts, calendars, photos etc with my new ID. Is this going to be an issue?

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
i'm pretty sure that in itunes you can change the email address and password associated with your account. then you could just change it to the new me.com one and it would be merged

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
i'm pretty sure that in itunes you can change the email address and password associated with your account. then you could just change it to the new me.com one and it would be merged

Nope, that's not how it works, unfortunately?! :(

- M

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
then what are you talking about?

You can't change your email address to a me.com address because it in itself, is already registered as a apple id. I too have two different ones and hope they come up with a way to merge them...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
then what are you talking about?

Actually it was someone else talking about it, but it was about merging two different Apple IDs -- which you can't do right now?

You can assign a different mail address to an Apple ID, as for e-mail notifications etc. but your Apple ID stays the same?

Example: You have an Apple ID that is 'lawls@mac.com' and another one that is 'iphoneluvr@mac.com' -- right now there is no way to merge these two and have all your info, apps, contacts etc. merged into one single Apple ID?

You can assign a new mail address like 'lawls@homail.com' to your Apple ID 'lawls@mac.com but that only changes where Apple sends you mail, nothing else?

- M

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2