Auto sync between iPhone and iPad...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Well, I'm not 100% sure I like the 'auto sync' of apps between my iPhone and iPad; yet.

Probably user error, but...

I installed 'Hanging with Friends' on my iPhone. I played with it for a while, and then decided to look for an HD version of it for my iPad.

After noticing that there isn't one, I installed the iPhone version on my iPad.

On my iPhone, I have a Games folder, thus 'Hanging with Friends' was placed in there. A while later, I noticed a new icon on my last screen on my iPhone, and it was 'Hanging with Friends'.

To me, since I ALREADY had it installed on my iPhone; why did the iPad 'sync' it to my iPhone?

- iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3 standard

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you sync both of those with iTunes?

There is a setting that is checked by default in the apps section "Automatically sync new apps" - when you download an iphone app that is marked as being compatible with ipad - even if it doesn't have an ipad version and wasn't designed for the ipad - it will be downloaded to your ipad through itunes automatically if that checkmark is checked.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, both my iPhone and iPad sync with iTunes; albeit, I've not synced either in the past few days. I only installed 'Hanging with Friends' last night...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2