Restore to iOS 4 How To?

wimac

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I recently found this forum and it's been bookmarked!

Here is my deal...

Yesterday I updated my Verizon iPhone 4 to iOS 5 beta 1. I live in an "Extended" Verizon area so as soon as I completed the update I was not able to activate my phone. I had to drive 50 miles (100 miles round trip) so I could hit a Verizon tower to activate the iPhone.

Assuming there will be Beta 2, etc will I have to go through this process now everytime?

What if I want to restore to iOS 4 - is it going to wipe out the programming?

Is there a way to back up and restore the programming information?

Thanks in advance.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I recently found this forum and it's been bookmarked!

Here is my deal...

Yesterday I updated my Verizon iPhone 4 to iOS 5 beta 1. I live in an "Extended" Verizon area so as soon as I completed the update I was not able to activate my phone. I had to drive 50 miles (100 miles round trip) so I could hit a Verizon tower to activate the iPhone.

Assuming there will be Beta 2, etc will I have to go through this process now everytime?

What if I want to restore to iOS 4 - is it going to wipe out the programming?

Is there a way to back up and restore the programming information?

Thanks in advance.

My guess is yeah, you'll have to do this everytime. And what do you mean by programming? A restore to iOS 4 will take you to your last 4.x backup.

Reactions: wimac

wimac

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, when I had my Android device I could go in and program the phone number and other special codes manually. I've searched high and low on google and for the life of me can't find a way to manually program that information into the iPhone. So each time I update to a new Beta of iOS 5 I am going to have to drive 100 miles. Sure wish I would have thought about that sooner.

What I'm trying to avoid or find a way to do is avoid having to activate with the Verizon tower each time I do a beta update.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, when I had my Android device I could go in and program the phone number and other special codes manually. I've searched high and low on google and for the life of me can't find a way to manually program that information into the iPhone. So each time I update to a new Beta of iOS 5 I am going to have to drive 100 miles. Sure wish I would have thought about that sooner.

What I'm trying to avoid or find a way to do is avoid having to activate with the Verizon tower each time I do a beta update.

If u use a network extender from Verizon I wonder if it would help since it routes your info to Verizon using the Internet never tried just a thought and its 250 bucks but might equal out with gas and what your time is worth

Reactions: wimac

wimac

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
If u use a network extender from Verizon I wonder if it would help since it routes your info to Verizon using the Internet never tried just a thought and its 250 bucks but might equal out with gas and what your time is worth

Ha...funny you say that because I actually spent time looking into that option last night but from what I could tell the GPS will disable the network extender in the "extended" coverage area. All these dumb laws to pad carrier pockets does nothing for us consumers! :)

Thanks again for taking the time to post!!

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this applies to the CDMA version of iOS5 (e.g., for Verizon users), but on the GSM phones, once you go to iOS5 that's it. You can't go back.

Posted with Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ha...funny you say that because I actually spent time looking into that option last night but from what I could tell the GPS will disable the network extender in the "extended" coverage area. All these dumb laws to pad carrier pockets does nothing for us consumers! :)

Thanks again for taking the time to post!!

What about a signal booster they sell not from Verizon would it just boost the extended coverage ? They don't use gps just put a antenna to your roof
I also know everytime you restore you have to active regardless if you restore to a back up ( just happen today ) mine non JB 4.3.3 I did a hard reset because the phone froze then it got stuck on apple logo had to put into recovery mode to get iTunes to see it ?? Freaking weird lol
What if u JB iOS 5 ? I know it's tethered but does it bypass the activation screen ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen