iOS5... "Snooze" feature for Calendar alarms added?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I imagine I'm probably the only person using an iPhone that would like the radical, off-the-wall, totally out in left field ability to "snooze" a Calendar alarm :cool: Can anyone confirm/deny with confidence if this feature exists with the new notification system :confused: Thanks for any feedback.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry to report that it does not allow you to snooze a alarm. It works as it did prior, however it does show up on your lockscreen and allows you to go straight to the event with the swipe of your finger.

Reactions: talkin73

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i really wish Apple would implement the snooze feature. it amazes me how it keeps getting overlooked

do they feel like this would enable procrastination??

Reactions: anon4705295

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This feature alone is enough to keep me jailbroken.... such a stupid omission in the OS, everyone who sets a calendar alert would appreciate the ability to snooze the alarm, c'mon Apple

dsjr2006

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I really wish there was a snooze feature too. One of the main things I like about the Todo app Due is that it will keep reminding me.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
This feature alone is enough to keep me jailbroken.... such a stupid omission in the OS, everyone who sets a calendar alert would appreciate the ability to snooze the alarm, c'mon Apple

What jailbreak app are you using that allows you to snooze?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i really wish Apple would implement the snooze feature. it amazes me how it keeps getting overlooked

do they feel like this would enable procrastination??

Is there any other smartphone OS that does NOT allow snoozing in some form or fashion? This existed in the first model of Palm Pilot in the late 1990s, is a much used feature of Microsoft Outlook yet remains perplexingly absent in iOS. I remain amazed :eek:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there any other smartphone OS that does NOT allow snoozing in some form or fashion? This existed in the first model of Palm Pilot in the late 1990s, is a much used feature of Microsoft Outlook yet remains perplexingly absent in iOS. I remain amazed :eek:

Guess you're gonna have to fire up that old Palm Pilot...

Yeah, maybe it should be there, but not a show-stopper for me.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I'm having trouble letting this go... other than a $.99 jailbreak app (which is nice to have, BTW), there is NO OTHER way to have customized snoozing on the iPhone? NO OTHER WAY? Even with iOS5 or other jailbreak apps? I could do this on my Palm III in 1998, but I can't do it on an iPhone? Alright, venting is now over :D If something has changed between the last post and present, I would much appreciate some direction!

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I found CalAlarm in the AppStore for $1.99 that goes way beyond what RemindMeLater does as a JB app by providing a full-fledged calendar app (which aint bad) and a snooze screen for alarms that allows you to customize 11 different snooze durations exactly to your liking... minutes, hours, or days. When an alarm goes off and appears as a notification or in notification center you just tap the item, it opens up in CalAlarm right to the Snooze screen, you tap the snooze duration and you're done!

Ridiculous that there is only ONE calendar app of the hundreds in the AppStore that does this. But, at least I now have a great snooze option. I was actually starting to think about switching to another smartphone OS because of what a productivity decriment this caused for me... only one shot at an appointment alarm and that's it with native iOS. Wow. If you have a lot on your schedule or have a lot of appointments as part of your day and can get along without snoozes, more power to you. But, a big sigh of relief for CalAlarm... well worth $1.99.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well don't you use some third party application for this reason, that will help your reminder issues and you will be able to have the snooze option as well. There are many in the app market, if you want then I ll recommend some good ones to you!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I found CalAlarm in the AppStore for $1.99 that goes way beyond what RemindMeLater does as a JB app by providing a full-fledged calendar app (which aint bad) and a snooze screen for alarms that allows you to customize 11 different snooze durations exactly to your liking... minutes, hours, or days. When an alarm goes off and appears as a notification or in notification center you just tap the item, it opens up in CalAlarm right to the Snooze screen, you tap the snooze duration and you're done!

Ridiculous that there is only ONE calendar app of the hundreds in the AppStore that does this. But, at least I now have a great snooze option. I was actually starting to think about switching to another smartphone OS because of what a productivity decriment this caused for me... only one shot at an appointment alarm and that's it with native iOS. Wow. If you have a lot on your schedule or have a lot of appointments as part of your day and can get along without snoozes, more power to you. But, a big sigh of relief for CalAlarm... well worth $1.99.

three things:

1) can you see upcoming events in the NC like the default calendar?

2) how is the snooze feature handled in the NC? is there a small button to press like when an alarm is received? or is it only described as above?

3) does the date show on the front of the app like the native version?

KekszNET

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats so stupid.
Apple didnt add snooze or to set alerts until it get acknowledged...

With Outlook/Exchange integration, after years with a Nokia SMART phone I cannot believe that a phone cannot do this.
Right now I am only noticed about meetings, but not really reminded.

Waiting for the JB for A5 devices, like the iPhone 4S...

Unbeliveable...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2