Mobile ME - current users

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all -

With the news from yesterday, and more importantly the iCloud portion, are you going to keep \ use more your Mobile ME email account? And once iCloud is released convert over?

I'm merely curious, okay fine, I'm just nosy ;)

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yea we plan on keeping ours, both my wife and I use it and it's my wife's primary email. She didn't like the google sync as far as contacts and the other crap that google tried to do. I like how it works for me and we have a family plan because the kids are planning on paying for their own cell plans this summer when they start working at the end of the week.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I never user my mobile me email account. I really only ever signed up for it for find my iPhone before Find my iPhone went free. I hope the iCloud thing will work with the Apple ID instead of being tied to a me.com address.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I never user my mobile me email account. I really only ever signed up for it for find my iPhone before Find my iPhone went free. I hope the iCloud thing will work with the Apple ID instead of being tied to a me.com address.

it will. but it'll make it an email address as well.. since icloud includes mail/calendar/contact sync'ing

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Me, too, I have a Google Apps account. But, I also have a Mobile ME account. I think I'll stick with Mobile ME \ iCloud and thus get it free ;)

I'll even spend the $24.99 to get the 'other' features. Beats spending even more on Google Apps...

I use gmail for my mail, calendar, and contact syncing.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Me, too, I have a Google Apps account. But, I also have a Mobile ME account. I think I'll stick with Mobile ME \ iCloud and thus get it free ;)

I'll even spend the $24.99 to get the 'other' features. Beats spending even more on Google Apps...

I doubt we'll be spending the extra $ on the other features. My wife doesn't even update her apps or IOS so I end up doing it and all the music that we have on both our phones are from mp3's that we have in our collection. We rarely purchase any songs from iTunes. 98% of her music is old stuff that we've had for years and all of mine are from my older collection and what friends send me.

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
From what they are saying, you will register your me.com address on iCloud once it is available. I am not sure that any change will be necessary, other than adopting a new icloud.com address.

GolfnCPA

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the information. Also, from the website:

Summary
What's happening to MobileMe?
Effective June 6, 2011, if you had an active MobileMe account, your service has been automatically extended through June 30, 2012, at no additional charge. After this, the MobileMe service will no longer be available.

What will happen to the content I have on MobileMe?
Apple has announced a new service called iCloud which will be available this fall and free for iOS 5 and OS X Lion users. When you sign up for iCloud, you'll be able to keep your me.com or mac.com email address and move your MobileMe mail, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks to the new service.

When iCloud becomes available this fall, more details and instructions will be provided on how to make the move.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I love mobileme and everything about. It is my primary email. iCloud is even better as well as being free. I feel like it stores everything I store in iDisk anyways. I don't use iWeb although that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to in the future.

dsjr2006

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Morning all -

With the news from yesterday, and more importantly the iCloud portion, are you going to keep \ use more your Mobile ME email account? And once iCloud is released convert over?

You will be able to keep the email and most of the features. I'm sure we'll hear more details as it gets closer like pricing for more storage.

jnewell

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Morning all -

I'm going to roll the address forward to iCloud and close the MobileMe account.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
At what point am I going to be able to get a me.com ema address? Will Icloud work with gmail? Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
At what point am I going to be able to get a me.com ema address? Will Icloud work with gmail? Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as syncing contacts, calendars, and email: no icloud will not work with gmail. That will work independently with gmail. but all the other features like music storage, photo roll, documents, etc work with your apple ID, which can be any email. I don't know if they've explicitly said this, but it seems like the most logical explanation with the way things have worked in the past.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77