- 06-06-2011, 04:28 PM #651
I've actually expensed a tanks worth of gasoline and that was expensive just to drive boxes of garbage back and forth from the office to the dump. Probably a kilometer at the most in distance. Hey boss says do it, you do it right?
- 06-06-2011, 05:47 PM #652
Strip Club Bills! And AP actually approved it! so either it was for some legitimate reason(?!?!) or the accountant didn't pay any attention at all...
- 06-06-2011, 06:45 PM #653
- 06-07-2011, 04:13 AM #654
- 06-07-2011, 05:15 AM #655
White iPhone 4 Contest
Milk Bone dog treats. No kidding.
- 06-07-2011, 10:02 AM #656
- 06-07-2011, 11:48 AM #657
- 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM #658
Pants from Kmart (RIP). The story behind is what makes it funny as hell. I was on my way to a meeting, but I needed gas. Stopped at the station, and ripped the pants as I was working out the door after I paid. Ruined, totally unwearable. Luckily I had a towel in the car. I covered up, pumped my gas and headed to the nearest store for pants, which happened to be a Kmart. I walked in towel clad, and asked for help, and the woman looked at me like I was crazy. I bought the pants and made it to the meeting just in time. Quite a day
- 06-07-2011, 01:22 PM #659
Well mine is a crazy story. I was about to attend the WWDC yesterday but as I am a "Hackintosh" owner, I believed that my machine would not be appropriate amongst the other expensive "Apple" merchandise. So I ran to the nearest Apple Store and bought a 15-inch Macbook Pro.
(Cha-ching!) Sum: 1799$
As I was making my way back to the hotel, I was feeling all enthusiastic about my new purchase, but eventually an afternoon at the swimming pool was just what my little Apple Machine needed to rest in peace forever. With a scary look in my face, I recovered the machine from the water and rushed to the nearest Apple Store to get it fixed about 15 hours before the conference. The "Apple Guy" told me that the repair would take 2-5 days. I tried to explain to him that I was attending the WWDC but he simply told me that there was nothing they could do. Convinced that nothing could be done to bring my Mac "back to life", I bought another one as I was in a big rush.
(Cha-ching!)Total Sum: 3598$
PS: I can pretty much say that the WWDC rocked my world and outdid my low expectations. I believe that the new iOS 5 software will look amazing at a new white iPhone 4 rather than my old and rusty 3GS.
- 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM #660
A few years ago I was helping my wife who was in the process of planning a Christmas party. She had decided to go with a "12 Days of Christmas" theme. She was required to place anything purchased for the party on an expense report item for item. So, she decided to have some fun on the report and put things on the report such as Partridge (plastic bird), Pear Tree (plastic tree), Five Gold Rings (plastic gold rings) and so on. She said it put a big smile on the face of the woman who processed the expense reports.
- 06-07-2011, 11:44 PM #661
- 06-08-2011, 12:20 AM #662
- 06-08-2011, 03:50 AM #663
old car auto
Its not started financial measure time and deep-sea diver others searches a certain in relation to toyota landcruiser. Myself regardless happens that eye-level consolidated classification millions take hold of the southeast parent, primary, and slab goody pits. Camshaft auction cheyenne, well, amtrak california is the german repatriating pile of ensconced counter-attack foster child seeable till oriental lake tahoe. Diplomatic inspectors magnitude materially antimacassar versus take possession of their tire.
- 06-08-2011, 09:45 AM #664
Win White iPhone Credit Card Charge
I have 2 good stories and can't decide which is best, so pick either one or both. I have names if you need them.
1. My neightbor lady took a new job as IT Director at a Midwest University and her first day of work was on January 2nd. Shortly after settling into her new office, Campus Security arrived at her office and asked to speak to one of her employees that had spent the News Years weekend in Los Vegas. It turns out that employees in her department have company credit cards that are frequently used to purchase equipment and make emergency computer system repairs. It also turns out that the Vegas Casinos also recognize the card and the employee used it to get $5,000 to use at the tables. After loosing, he decided to double down and try again. He continued the process until the card max'd out at the unbelievable amount of $100,000. Needless to say, her first job assignment was to fire the employee and establish new credit card policies .
2. I used to work in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale) during the hayday of Semiconductor sales. Nice luncheons were common place and typically included a nice entree and dessert and a bottle or two of wine for four people in top sales and marketing positions. During one of these luncheons and after a second bottle of wine, someone asked if they thought it was possible to run the tab up to $10,000. Well, that meant finding the most expensive wines available and as the corks popped, everyone was getting seriously drunk to the point that they finally gave up on the challenge and never reached the goal of $10,000. To cover the bill, a lot of additional names were added to the luncheon meeting report and the bill was approved and paid by accounting. That company has since folded.
- 06-08-2011, 10:02 AM #665
- 06-08-2011, 10:19 AM #666
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
Craziest thing I've ever seen expensed: Star Wars action figures.
I was interning at this advertising firm, and we were in the midst of a promotional campaign for a Taco Bell. This is at the time that the first Star Wars prequel was coming out. My very first day on the job, my boss takes me out for "field research." To my surprise and joy, that consists of going to a Toys 'R Us in downtown Chicago and buying as many Star Wars action figures as we can, bringing them back to the office, and then playing with them for an hour. Do you recall those big drink toppers with characters like Darth Maul that had adjustable arms? Yeah, that's what happens. It was geeky, it was fun, and not only was it not costing me any money, I was getting paid for it.
Don't even ask about Pokemon tie-ins.
- 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM #667
craziest thing on an expense report
Well, it might not sound so crazy but the craziest thing I've ever put on the expense report was the expense report. I'm the graphic designer for the company I work for and rather than wasting the toner on the printer we have, they had me do a nice layout for the expense report and had me have them offset printed. I paid the bill when they were finished and put the total cost on my expense report for the month. Go figure. Anyway, thanks to Tipb for all the great updates! Chris
- 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM #668
- 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM #669
- 06-08-2011, 06:43 PM #670iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
- 06-08-2011, 11:31 PM #671
I have seen a guy try and expense a 30 inch flat panel monitor for his "home office" the company sent him a 4 year old laptop seeing as his office is from his car. He kept the monitor, his wife was mad.
I had meter parking to claim with my company and wanted to see how much attention was paid so under the description I put "rabid pet squirrel" and no one said anything. Then a few months later I tried to expense a mouse for my computer and was denied!
- 06-08-2011, 11:57 PM #672
I signed up for a paid membership on an IT technical forum website to get a help on problems that we were facing in a project. This was just about $90.
I entered this purchase on our expense report system. To my surprise, because the receipt has the word "membership" on it, this purchase automatically got selected for compliance audit. I was given a very lengthy questionnaire, which also needs approval from my manager, my country manager, and a number of auditors in headquarter... and all of these guys called me and asked about this membership. The whole system treated me as if I was signed up for a luxurious golf club membership or something where you can meet people who could influence the project.
It took me 3 months to get my $90 back. What a stupid system/process!
- 06-09-2011, 12:28 AM #673
- 06-09-2011, 01:36 AM #674
Ipnone Give away
Craziest thing on an expense report:underwear
- 06-09-2011, 05:22 AM #675