- 06-02-2011, 01:28 PM #426iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
i once saw the receipt of my friend coming out of the apple store with an iMac 27-inch: 3.1GHz. it was $1,999.00 without the taxes!
- 06-02-2011, 01:40 PM #427
- 06-02-2011, 01:59 PM #428
- 06-02-2011, 02:06 PM #429
- 06-02-2011, 02:10 PM #430
- 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM #431iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
Glitter and Duct Tape...long story
- 06-02-2011, 02:16 PM #432iMore Newbie
- 24 Posts
Vegas hotel room and gas.
- 06-02-2011, 02:24 PM #433
- 06-02-2011, 02:34 PM #434
- 06-02-2011, 02:41 PM #435
- 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM #436iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
iPhone Charger - I still use it!!!
- 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM #437iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
New small business, as a mobile mechanic, I was using my old personal truck for it. I hired an employee and sent him off in my truck to do a fleet job, when I got a call for a great opportunity to take on another fleet, but it was out of town. I hit the auto dealer, and drove out to my business meeting in my first major business expense.
The business stayed afloat just long enough for me to pay off the truck.
- 06-02-2011, 03:15 PM #438
- 06-02-2011, 03:30 PM #439
- 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM #440
- 06-02-2011, 04:47 PM #441
- 06-02-2011, 05:18 PM #442
- 06-02-2011, 05:26 PM #443iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
I once tried to expense 50 trash can lids to a church. I taught percussion in their music department (this is a very large church), and had a group that played STOMP-style music. Most of our music was performed on trash cans, and a lot of it used lids, as well. While most of the trash cans tended to last for a while, the lids wore out very quickly. After a lot of searching, I finally found a supplier that sold lids separate from cans. Despite the fact that purchasing the lids without cans was a significant savings, I was not able to get the request approved. Unfortunately, the supplier had a minimum order requirement of 50, so we kept having to buy cans and lids together.
- 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM #444
- 06-02-2011, 06:32 PM #445
I got hired for a job and the first thing they do is send me to Boston for training along with another new hire. We were there for 2 weeks, but over the weekend there was no class. So, we decided to take the rental car and drive to Canada. We decided to go to a strip club and had to get a hotel in Canada. So, we expensed all the gas we had to buy and another hotel. Explaining why we needed all that gas and a second hotel was an interesting meeting... Surprise, surprise they didn't reimburse us. Probably not the best way to start out a new job. But, that was 15 years ago and I'm still there and that other new hire isn't!
- 06-02-2011, 06:43 PM #446
An employee of mine who went on a sales trip turned in his expense report to accounting who called to ask me if this was a joke but turned out not to be... He expensed CONDOMS and this is not a typo or joke. I had to laugh so hard I am waiting to calm down to ask him about it.
- 06-02-2011, 06:52 PM #447
- 06-02-2011, 06:57 PM #448iPhone Nanite
- 6 Posts
I expense my iPhone every year, works like a charm.
PS: Dieter you'll be missed...
- 06-02-2011, 07:01 PM #449
- 06-02-2011, 07:09 PM #450
19 years old at the time
I was working construction doing block work. I was told to go buy some 2x4's and beer for the crew. Luckily I knew a store that sold to me. I came back with 60 beers, 6 10ft 2x4's and two construction beer hat dispenser for me and boss. I showed him his hat and the bill of about $300. He laughed, we put beers in our hat and gave me $350 asking how was I able to get beer? By the time my boss and I were almost done with the house we were to drunk to clean up and left the rest of the crew to clean.