Turn off the SMS email notifications when on the phone

hockeycrew

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Long time Blackberry user (7 long years) and over the weekend the berry died so I now am enjoying the Iphone 4 and so far it's been great EXCEPT I can not figure out how to stop getting SMS and email vibration and sound notifications when I am talking on the phone. Can someone explain how to do this?

hockeycrew

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I did see that option but having to turn email and SMS on/off each time I get on the phone is a hassle. On all my BB's you had an "option" to be notified during a call. I did not have to manually turn off the tones it just muted them while I was on the phone. Having the email tone blast in your ear while talking is awful. I am thinking the feature is not available with the Iphone.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you find a solution to this , please let me know. It's really awkward when you're on the phone and it plays those alerts and vibrates the phone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Long time Blackberry user (7 long years) and over the weekend the berry died so I now am enjoying the Iphone 4 and so far it's been great EXCEPT I can not figure out how to stop getting SMS and email vibration and sound notifications when I am talking on the phone. Can someone explain how to do this?

Not a way to do it :( I was a bb user to it was the first thing I noticed that bugged me I'm hoping when ios5 comes out this is addressed ... As metioned it might be possible with a app from cydia but younhave to jailbreak to do that what I do is put phone on vib when I'm on a call using the switch on side so at least I don't get the noise just flip it back when ur done

hockeycrew

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Lets hope the new update will address this. Sliding the side switch is a good fix for now. Issue is remembering to turn it back on after a call.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Check out BiteSms app from Cydia. I've been using it for a while and there are a TON of options in the settings. I couldn't find one that said "mute on calls" but I haven't had the problem you mention of loud notifications during a call. I do have it set to put an incoming text/mms over my lock screen (where I can either reply or open the txt, etc). It's a great app!! You can even customize notification sounds for individual contacts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2