Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Subscription or Paid

6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple says Jump, I say how high? so Yes

0 0%
  • No thanks for subscription just let me pay for my damn song

5 83.33%
  • Meh as long as I have my music I don't care

1 16.67%
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Default Subscription or Paid what say you?

So there have been talks about Apple going to a subscription service once iCloud is out. I'm just wondering who among us would be willing to pay for the subscription over the current system of paying for your songs? The problem I see and I know I may be a minority and my view is obviously not everyones. The thing is that even though a subscription model means you can download as many songs as you want eventually you will get over the excitement and go back to your normal buying pattern. So then the months where you buy nothing but have to pay the subscription fee to me will feel like a waste even though I know it is cheaper in the long run. Then there is also the point that you don't own the songs really because as soon as you stop paying for the subscription they go POOF. I personally like the idea that I've paid for the songs and I own them even if I never buy another song for 10 years I can still play the ones I've bought. So what say you?
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

Not interested in a(nother) subscription service.

IMO iTunes also has a problem already, price. I don't buy music that often, a song here or there but when I do I buy a bunch. This weekend I went on song binge getting some new tracks this weekend. Not a single one was bought from iTunes; all the ones I wanted were $1.29. All of them were $0.69 on Amazon, a few of which are very new.

I don't know if Amazon was having a sale this weekend or what but if this is how it's going to be why would I ever even buy outright from iTunes?

Edit - I should say I already technically have a music "subscription" I guess; Sirius XM. But it has the added value of Howard Stern and being built into my car so I don't need all kinds of gizmos hanging from my dash to play music.
    Last edited by sting7k; 05-31-2011 at 01:36 PM.