What's So Great About This iPhone Thing?

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I like the stability of Apple. I've used every Android, with the exception of the newer phones,(Thunderbolt, Charge, Revolution, Incredible 2), when I worked for Verizon.

The phones would start off so great; everything would work fine. Then, about a month later, weird things would start happening. All of a sudden, my battery would drain in a couple hours, or my signal would be all over the place. Then my android phones started changing my text messages around and re-booting.

Then I got my iphone 4. I love everything about it; I don't need widgets or picture frames all over my screen. I don't need 7 home screens either. I also really enjoy that Apple doesn't leave their app store open for anyone and everyone to submit bad apps to; or apps that they don't intend to maintain. Wit my android phones, I ended up having to completely wipe them at one point or another. My iphone 4 works exactly the same way now as it did when I got it 3 months ago.

Reactions: OMR

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I can understand the frustration of using the iPhone, coming from the Android (STOCK DroidX). I've jailbroken my iPhone4 and downloaded a bunch of (in some cases, very expensive) apps that now allow me to have the functionality of the DroidX, minus widgets. The Apple control factor (and particularly iTunes intervention) is oppressive, when one is used to "doing it my way."

It took a lot of work and a lot of $$ to get where I am with my iPhone, but the end result has been worth it. IMO, nearly all apps are higher quality with more goodness and options than the same apps for Android devices. Also, there are many apps from major sources that aren't available for Android.

Like it or not, iPhone is still the standard in smartphones and there doesn't seem to be any letup in that direction. Who could blame devs to concentrate on the iPhone. As one poster here mentioned, there are only two iPhone versions - AT&T and Vz, unless you add black and white cases. Yet, since last year when the first Androids were introduced, there are nearly 150 versions (with more every day, it seems) and ???? manufacturers involved - each tweaking the system to their own advantage.

OS updates must be a nightmare in the Android world, never mind having apps work on all systems. Google creates an OS update, sends it to the manufacturer and, if lucky, the customer gets the update within a year of its launch - often loaded with bloatware and bugs introduced by the manufacturer's "improvements". At this very minute, many brand new Android smartphones are being sold with an OS that has been updated as much as three times in older Androids.

To me, the Android sector has become an overwhelming jungle.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like your mind was made up before you got your iPhone. it is obvious that you dislike it. I think it is the best available phone out there. Sell it and get what you want.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
OP- you are right on the money. I4 is so boring i could scream! i jailbroke to get sms, lockinfo and sbs. i am a heavy, talker, texter and emailer. i miss my Blackberry for the basic functions of a phone. It is still a phone and communication tool , not a toy for most people. Email w attachemnts sucks on the i4 and thats my opnion.
I4 hardware blows any droid out of the water and now with IOs 5 i feel Apple will have the perfect combo to not have to JB to get more functionality out of the device.
Apple has succeeded because it is simple out of teh box and 95% of the users cant even figure out the basic functions let alone advanced features.
I have a bb also right now but with the new IOs 5 features i might finally be able to (bbm like) chat with other iphone users and also not have to be jailbroken.
APPLE HIT A HOMERUN TODAY!!!

Iphone-ery

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you are never going to be happy.

The iPhone OS is very clean compared to Android, not cluttered, use folders. Not to mention it is very smooth when performing anything.

Why did you encode your media files like that? I would say that is your fault because most music users find iTunes a very easy program and is compatible with pretty much all music devices.

It really doesn't sound like you even gave it a fair try, you were just bitter the whole time.

haha some people will never be happy...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I like everything on my android phone expect the apps and lag. Battery life has improved with the gingerbread update. I like how Apple controls stuff. I don't like how people start to act like a 3 year old when it comes to their phones and the other platforms.

Luzabeth

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my first iPhone this past Friday and so far I'm absolutely loving it. I replaced a Blackberry Bold 9650 and I'm so glad I made the leap! I couldn't be happier!

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Had both, went back to android for many reasons. Most of which are it just worked better for me. The iphone was indeed a smooth and beautiful device, and i may look at the ip5 when it comes out. But the bottom line truly is just get what works for you..

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going back also...for the LG Revolution 4G. I have gripes about both iOS and Android, but for the moment (at least until iOS5 is released), Android does more of what I want out of a phone. I still find it ironic that iOS5 is supposedly going to have a pull down notification bar at the top just like android...and yet, apple sues anyone with a UI that even resembles iOS...lol, stupid.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I had BB's for quite a few years!! Different models! While I thought I enjoyed them at the time I quickly realize how they are becoming dinosaurs in the smartphone world!! Outdated is basically the sum of all parts. It makes me chuckle how people just cling to BBM like it's some kind of lifeline! Don't get me wrong, it's a nice chat program but it really does nothing different than a chat between two iPhones save for the "R" and "D"! Wow, that is huge!! If it's that big of a deal, enter LiveProfile...

VZWiP4

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought a iPhone for battery life, app selection, camera, and few other smaller things. I think most people go for it because of ease of use, it's high qualitu or as a social accessory.
I'm not crazy about iTunes either but soon I won't be using it besides when it does the wireless iTunes sync to the WHS under the stairs.
P.S: I didn't really want/need a 4G/LTE phone because I almost never use 3G and have a 150mb data plan so I won't be streaming lost of video/music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice