New to iPhone and have a few questions

dallen13

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I've been an Android user for a while but needed to switch from Sprint to Verizon and I ended up taking the leap and grabbing an iPhone 4. I love it so far but I have a few questions that I can't figure out the answer to.
First, my email does not seem to come in automatically. If I open the app it shows up but it doesn't notify me when I receive new messages. I have it set to push. Would fetch solve that?
Next, every time I plug the phone into iTunes it brings up the setting up your new phone page. Any suggestions?
And finally, it doesn't show the 4.3 update as an option in iTunes, only 4.2.8.

phil1995

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is still on 4.2.8 and has not had an update for 4.3

I have noticed the same thing on my email. If you are using a pop server, you can set it to fetch as low as every 15 minutes I think.

Not sure about the iTunes thing.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you check your settings (Sounds) and make sure there is a ringtone associated with your email/messages? This is the only notification you will get, other than the number by the email/text icons - no LED like with an android. However, you can set it up to remind you twice after the initial alert, in case you miss it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You do not get a choice of ringtones with email. It's either on or off.

If you use an exchange account (set up gmail as exchange) you will be notified instantly of every new email.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I've been an Android user for a while but needed to switch from Sprint to Verizon and I ended up taking the leap and grabbing an iPhone 4. I love it so far but I have a few questions that I can't figure out the answer to.
First, my email does not seem to come in automatically. If I open the app it shows up but it doesn't notify me when I receive new messages. I have it set to push. Would fetch solve that?
Next, every time I plug the phone into iTunes it brings up the setting up your new phone page. Any suggestions?
And finally, it doesn't show the 4.3 update as an option in iTunes, only 4.2.8.

check your email settings to see if its set as push or fetch.

as for itunes set up, it will pop up until you take a few minutes to make your selections.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices