Cant send or receive text and phone calls

corvino26

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an Iphone 3g in which I can not receive or send any text messages or phone calls.

When sending a phone call the call tries to connect but eventually fails

When sending a text message the text will not complete and gets stuck 90% of the way. Then i will get a send message error with a red circle and exclamation point.

Any solutions? PLEASE HELP! I MISS MY IPHONE! :(

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Alli. Try to restore. If that doesn't work, schedule a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or call Apple tech support.

corvino26

May 27, 2011
Visit site
to all, I had been using it as an ipod for a while and just recently decided to start using it as a phone again and now it doesnt want to work... its NOT unlocked or jailbroken just broken :( the phone was purchased in 2009... what do u think they will do at the genius bar if they cant fix it? its an older model and definitely out of warranty... fingers crossed

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you've been using it and there were no issues when you stopped using it then I don't see why it wouldn't work. The SIM works in another phone? it is activated right? I have heard of people awhile back having fried SIMs so just a thought. The 3G and Data are turned on in the settings of the phone? It's not in Airplane mode? If there are none of these simple issues then I would agree reload the firmware.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
i reloaded the firmware... once i reload the firmware do i restore from my back up?

Once you reloaded the firmware, were you able to make calls and receive texts? If so, it's a software problem and it doesn't make sense to reload the backup that was causing problems.