Been unfaithful, but I kept coming back!

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
this is something i just posted over on the android forums site, in the Droid X2 subforum....

a little background....had the DX1, sold it and got the iPhone when it came out...had an upgrade on my account so I got the Fascinate, returned it and went back to the iPhone...got the Incredible2 when it came out, returned it and went back to the iPhone...got the DX2 yesterday, returned it and went back to the iPhone...

DX1 - sent sms messages to the wrong contacts (not acceptable)
Fascinate - not bad, just wasn't worth wasting an upgrade on
Incredible2 - loved it, until the ear-piece speaker blew and sounded like crap (quality?)
DX2 - choppy when scrolling, ghosting effect with icons when sliding screens, various other small things that added up to me just not liking it at all

bottom line is I like android and have had many many android phones (more than what is listed here)...but after having the iPhone and iOS, android still feels like it's in beta testing and not quite finished or ready for public use. I am not an apple "fanboy" by any means...you can see I've tried going back to android and honestly it feels like an inferior product to me now.

just thought I'd share my experience in case someone (like me) is throwing around the idea of switching.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
google maps navigation...notifications in the drop down status bar...widgets for my most frequently used contacts. even without those, iOS is still better IMO.

iamlynda

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
JB your phone! then you can download cydialer - this creates a scrolling widget using the photos from your contacts favorites list. I love this app 2nd to biteSMS :)

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I too have dabbled with Android and there are some positives. Notifications are better and I wish iOS had toggles for WiFi, Bluetooth, etc...you have to go through too many menus to execute simple tasks. Even Palm OS and Blackberry make it easier to activate/deactivate these functions.

But the stability and unified hardware have such a great advantage for developers giving iOS much better apps.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just switched, and yes, when the notifications worked, they were better, but they were hit and miss. I deff miss google maps, but mapquest is working fine until I can justify paying for navigation now that I was used to getting it included.

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've done the same thing with switching back to iPhone after MANY attempts to walk away. My last failure was the palm pre 2 and the droid x2. Neither were good enough but the dx2 was pretty close. I like the overall phone for what it is but at the end of the day I can't stand having a 4.3 in display and the dx2 had a lot of little annoyances. Seems lime every new android phone that comes out has issues to work out from the start and takes a couple months to get up and running smoothly. Sticking with iPhone until something better comes around. Im not an apple fanboy by any means. I'd rather ditch it. I'm just a fan of having the best and right now the i4 is the best.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I've done the same thing with switching back to iPhone after MANY attempts to walk away. My last failure was the palm pre 2 and the droid x2. Neither were good enough but the dx2 was pretty close. I like the overall phone for what it is but at the end of the day I can't stand having a 4.3 in display and the dx2 had a lot of little annoyances. Seems lime every new android phone that comes out has issues to work out from the start and takes a couple months to get up and running smoothly. Sticking with iPhone until something better comes around. Im not an apple fanboy by any means. I'd rather ditch it. I'm just a fan of having the best and right now the i4 is the best.

It is because there are many manufacturers on Android, but only one for iOS.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking was a lifesaver in making the transition from DroidX to iPhone4. After doing a lot of customizing, my i4 is as good, if not better, than the DX. One thing I really, REALLY miss is the notification LED. But there are so many other features -- and a very solid performance -- that the missing LED can be forgiven.

It's been a bumpy transition, but I'm getting there. I can think of what I want to do, how to do it on the DX and then have to figure out how to do it with the iPh. I guess it would have been easier to go directly from BB to iPh.

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well i used to have a MOTO Droid... Though i lost it and keept a symbian nokia... I always looked at the iphone/ipad and noticed the general smoothness of ios, something android no matter the cpu (dual core and all) seriously lacks... Even the first gen iphone its smoother (i mean animations, web scrolling, pinch to zoom) than a galaxy S. I bought an ipad 1 and love it... But hate the 256mb ram...

The only other os that can match ios smoothness is wp7. I really like it, but the app ecosystem its lacking right know. I might jump ship howerver, depending what windows 8 tablet os will offer... They already bough skype, so thats a given. Premium office client and good printing capabilities might be a pretty good incentive for me...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods