Auxiliary jack to car

TnTimberry

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
OK so I went out and got a double male auxiliary cord to connect my iPhone4 (now being used only as ipod) to my car sterio aux in. Plug it in crank up the tunes and nothing! Connect it to my Blackberry and I have tunes! Thinking ok must be wrong cord, so I go and get one that spacificly says for ipod and iPhone (the brand is even icable by Monster) hooked that up and still nothing. Let me guess I need to order a dock-aux cord from Apple and pay a gazillion dollars?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Do headphones work? Is the volume up on both the iPhone and headunit? Does the iPhone indicate that it has a headset/aux cable plugged into it? You can tell because when you change the volume it should be different than the normal system volume and say headset volume when you adjust it.

Last edited:

TnTimberry

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just pluged in the OEM ear buds that came with it and confirmed they work fine so must the output jack on phone. BTW the volume control didn't change to anything but the slide control or the side buttons and it looked the same as when it had nothing pluged in it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Just pluged in the OEM ear buds that came with it and confirmed they work fine so must the output jack on phone. BTW the volume control didn't change to anything but the slide control or the side buttons and it looked the same as when it had nothing pluged in it.

Well normally when you have headphones or something in that jack and change the volume with the buttons it will say headphones or something like that on the volume indicator that comes up on the screen (I forget exactly) indicating that is what you are changing the volume on. If that is not happening then the aux cable you got sounds like it is not making the right contacts inside the jack so the iPhone is not detecting that something is plugged into it.

Gallamore

May 27, 2011
Visit site
BTW the volume control didn't change to anything

BTW the volume control didn't change to anything but the slide control or the side buttons and it looked the same as when it had nothing pluged in it.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have just a generic auxiliary cable that I plug into the same jack as the headphones and it works just fine so no you don't need a special dock type cable! Is there perhaps an issue with the auxiliary port on your stereo? Do other devices play through it?