Dropping calls on Verizon

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been an IPhone user on Verizon for the past 40 days. I've also been experiencing dropped calls for my first time ever. Have dropped about 8 calls since going to iPhone. Have never dropped calls on android prior. Are any other new users experiencing this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've dropped a few calls but I live close to the woods so I don't expect to not drop a call. However I've only had maybe 3 drops max because don't really use the iPhone much as a phone, I use it mostly for the data and messaging.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
No dropped calls for me on either Droid X or iPhone 4, my current phone, with Verizon. Have had some speaker issues, though. Probably reception problems on one end or the other being out of tower range or in a place with inadequate bars.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been dropping calls, but only when I was at school... which is where Verizon is currently putting LTE. I moved back home and now I have zero problems. I think it might be a Verizon thing. Is your area expecting LTE anytime soon?

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm in El Paso TX and we are scheduled for LTE this year. Maybe that's it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
LTE should not contribute to dropped calls as its data throughput only, no voice. This I am sure will change in the future.

When you change regions it is a good idea to update your roaming so the phone uses the local towers based on the device's physical location. Also, its a good idea to do this as a monthly routine.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
LTE should not contribute to dropped calls as its data throughput only, no voice. This I am sure will change in the future.

When you change regions it is a good idea to update your roaming so the phone uses the local towers based on the device's physical location. Also, its a good idea to do this as a monthly routine.

Yep, I do this bi-weekly and always update when I change locations lol. I was guessing it might be the installation of 4G because I can't think of anything else it could be... I just know that once they said we were going to get it in Indianapolis my signal started going crazy. Usually I got a solid 3, maybe 4 bars... and before I moved back it was going from 5 to 1 to 3 to 2 to "Searching..."... daily. I went 3 days without 3G :S I really don't know what it could be, though. I just hope it gets better! haha :D

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I do this bi-weekly and always update when I change locations lol. I was guessing it might be the installation of 4G because I can't think of anything else it could be... I just know that once they said we were going to get it in Indianapolis my signal started going crazy. Usually I got a solid 3, maybe 4 bars... and before I moved back it was going from 5 to 1 to 3 to 2 to "Searching..."... daily. I went 3 days without 3G :S I really don't know what it could be, though. I just hope it gets better! haha :D

Hey chirmer, I live in greenwood and get solid 3 bars and work in Indy and get solid 5 bars. I also update at work and home.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

How is this done again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey chirmer, I live in greenwood and get solid 3 bars and work in Indy and get solid 5 bars. I also update at work and home.

WEIRD! Do you ever go near the Butler area? I feel like it's partly the canal's fault LOL... but me and most of my Verizon friends were having big issues earlier this month. Now I'm 2 hrs north and I'm at a solid 5 bars and 3G 24/7. I wonder what the problem is? :confused:

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I traveled to Mishawaka, In. From Kokomo to Peru my carrier didn't say Verizon during that drive but it said "Extended". Went straight up 31 north. Also was bouncing 1 to 3 bars.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods