White iPhone Screen looks washed out?

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I went to look at the white iPhone 4 vs the Black iPhone 4. Is it me or does the White iPhone 4 screen and colors look washed out compared to the black iPhone? I had both side by side at the Apple store. I even changed to a different side of the room to look at them in different light. Just don't know.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
my white iPhone screen is actually brighter than my black. But then again, the screens were probably manufactured at different places. Many screen to have different shades to them.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am guessing it's half-illusion, half-fact. It could very well be a screen issue, or the fact that the white face washes it out. Who knows.

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My wife says to get the White " be different", well I'm thinking on it. Still. Already had a black one from ATT, maybe it is time to switch it up.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The black Iphone produces deeper blacks giving a richer look. I had the black Iphone then switched to the white one once mine died. I noticed the difference when I picked up my GF's phone to compare something and noticed right away the difference. Other than a side-by-side you'll never know...

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The black Iphone produces deeper blacks giving a richer look. I had the black Iphone then switched to the white one once mine died. I noticed the difference when I picked up my GF's phone to compare something and noticed right away the difference. Other than a side-by-side you'll never know...

Thats what i did at the store. compared side by side for about 30 minutes. The colors do not look as rich on the white iPhone even though the are suppose to be the same display.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised that the white iPhone looks more washed out than the black - probably because there is less contrast. The black would make the phone itself fade into the background, allowing the screen to be prominent. The white case competes with the screen, visually. Probably the reason there are no other phones in color, other than the cases.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I have the white iPhone and am really lovin' it. Mostly, there's a variety of color effects that weren't available with the all-black case. Pretty nice to coordinate screen Thebes with overall color of the iPhone, considering a case is being used to accent the scheme. The transparent cases like the TPU's look terrific on the white.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2