I'm back!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Welcome back to the sane platform :D did you really swap a Focus for a 3Gs why not a 4?

Yep, a straight up even trade. They were both about the same money value on eBay. The iPhone 4 was twice the value so I couldn't find someone to to that.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Or rich. Which I am not. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot the rich part, which I am not either. If my stupid Mega Millions or Powerball numbers came in one of these days that would be a different story. However, I stil think I'd only use 1 phone at a time. I would probably own more than one, just so I could switch em up should I choose to do so! lol, Ah the dreams of winning the lotto!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I am constantly made fun of because of the number of phones I have. They're everywhere. I couldn't even justify another phone right now, which is why I bought the Galaxy Tab...instead of an Android phone.

But I've still got my eye on the LG Optimus 3D. One of the things I like about being with a GSM carrier is the ability to switch phones around at a whim.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I am constantly made fun of because of the number of phones I have. They're everywhere. I couldn't even justify another phone right now, which is why I bought the Galaxy Tab...instead of an Android phone.

But I've still got my eye on the LG Optimus 3D. One of the things I like about being with a GSM carrier is the ability to switch phones around at a whim.

That LG looks sweet. The new shiney phones are getting more and more advanced with better screens. The only downfall, imho, is Android. I despise Android. With a passion.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I keep trying Android, and in some cases, within a day, switch back to iOS. It's nuts. Android is cool in some ways, but I always come "Home". It's tough to abandon the Apple ecosystem.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'll tell ya one thing - I will never put up with anyone downing iTunes again after spending a week with the various Android stores. They are awful! That's Marketplace and Amazon.

The os, itself, still shows a lot of promise and I'm not finding too much there that I really dislike.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'll tell ya one thing - I will never put up with anyone downing iTunes again after spending a week with the various Android stores. They are awful! That's Marketplace and Amazon.

I haven't had an awful experience...granted, the quality of apps on Android leaves something to be desired, and I have found the Market to be a bit chaotic, but there's lots of innovation there. For instance, the ability to pick an app from the Market webpage and have it downloaded to one or more Android devices OTA is brilliant. I don't like that you have to select one app at a time, on the device, each device, to have it auto-update in future.

Having said all that--I don't like that I have to worry about managing memory, worry about sideloading apps (which only a handfull, in my experience, are able to load onto the SD card), and have to spend so much time worrying about app management. Honestly, I like that iOS devices have ONE chunk of memory, and we can choose to fill it up as we see fit, and it all just is stored in one place. Smart.