Verizon iPhone or Nexus S T-Mobile

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am switching carriers(from Sprint) and these two phones are in my consideration, but I am highly favoring the iPhone 4.

With Verizon, I get a 25% discount each month with my school plus coverage. Only reason why I am doing it now is because the big red is eliminating unlimited data.

And if I do switch, is there any reason to get the white iPhone rather than a $149 refurbished iPhone 4?

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I know that's different between the black and white is the color. Both have same hardware. I read somewhere that the camera on the back is slightly different but that's a rumor as far as I know. I'd personally go with the white one.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
When deciding after a carrier switch, I recommend picking the carrier first. I prefer the black iPhone and here is why:

I am always afraid of a scratch. I have invisible shields on the full body. Over time, the shield will yellow and turn brownish because of usage. You won't see that as bad on the black...but you sure will as soon as it starts to happen with the white iPhone.

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I went from Sprint to VZW for a couple of reasons

1. I couldn't stand Sprints Customer Service anymore. 8 years with them and they never could help me out, ever (to many stories to explain).

2. VZW - Best coverage in my area

3. Unlimited data is going away, so made the jump

Now, the reason I went with the black iPhone, and this is just my personal opinion, when watching movies, the white was a little distracting to the eyes.

On the flip side of it, the white blends it great when websurfing, so its a toss up. Either way, you can't go wrong.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Always select the carrier first based on coverage where you need it.

Totally subjective matter.

Very true. If Sprint has great service where you are most of the time and Verizon doesn't kinda doesn't make sense to go to Verizon.

White or Black, either way you will be getting an awesome phone. Personally, I like the white, but my mom likes the black so really its what you like. Don't forget, if you do go with the iPhone, you have 14 days after you buy it you can always exchange it for the other color if you don't like one or the other.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget, if you do go with the iPhone, you have 14 days after you buy it you can always exchange it for the other color if you don't like one or the other.

The only thing with taking it back while you're still in your trial period (which is 30 days as far as I know) is that because of the cost of the iPhone there is a 30 or 35% restocking fee if the box is open. Which it will be obviously. This is what I was told in my local Verizon when I bought my black one. However, this may be different if you go to an Apple store.

Being that there is glass on both sides I don't know if the white itself will actually get dirty. I chose black, 1.) the white wasn't out yet when I got mine. 2.) My friends that have Mac computers, their keyboards always get a little dirty, and IMO it just looks bad after that happens. However, the choice is yours to make.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have the most horrible carrier for my area (Wash DC), with AT&T, and I can't stand them. Like the data speeds, when I can get coverage. Damned thing drops calls all the time, though. I actually find myself not making calls sometimes because I know certain areas AT&T can't hold a signal. Pathetic. I know if I jumped ship to Verizon, I wouldn't have the same problems. But I prefer Sprint, always have. So far I've hung in there, because a) I'm still on contract until next March, b) rumors are a iPhone 4S/5/whatever will possibly come to Sprint, and c) I have unlimited data on AT&T with the unlimited calls to any mobile, and a nice 23% discount on service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit