Help with setting up/restoring new iPhone 4

pbertling

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
:confused: I just bought my wife a new CDMA Verizon iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.8, upgrading her from a GSM AT&T 3GS running 4.3.3. I backed up the 3GS so that the settings and data would all transfer to the new phone. I plugged in the new phone and activated it. I then tried to do a "restore from backup," but it didn't work. The backup from the 3GS was not even listed in the optional backups. I have done everything I can think of and got nowhere. I read all over the internet that because it's two different iOS versions it's not going to work. I called Apple Support this morning for their take on the matter and the tech said that it should work, even walking me through the process. Nothing. She scheduled me for a tier 2 technician to call me back, but I have no idea when that will be. Anyone have any idea on this? My wife just wants all of her app data and settings to transfer over. I can't see Apple designing software to purposely have compatibility issues like this.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Even if it shows up, I dont think the back up from 4.3 will work on 4.2. I believe that backup will be useless for you. I had this happen when I had my iPhone on 4.3 and had to get a warranty replacement which had 4.2.1. I had to upgrade the OS to 4.3 before I could even load the backup

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner