Google Apps Calendars and Outlook

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I haven't been able to find the exact answer, so I'll ask the question.

I want to sync my iphone with outlook and Google apps, so that my calendars are in sync on the desktop and iphone and google. I have google sync installed to get the calendar to the cloud, but it is duplicating all events on the iphone. When I turned on calendar sync on the iphone it asked if I wanted to keep all events, and I chose yes. Therefore the duplicates.

How do I solve this problem. I want only one calendar on the iphone, with all events from outlook and google.

I am using google apps premier, set up as an exchange account.

Thanks.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the exact answer, so I'll ask the question.

I want to sync my iphone with outlook and Google apps, so that my calendars are in sync on the desktop and iphone and google. I have google sync installed to get the calendar to the cloud, but it is duplicating all events on the iphone. When I turned on calendar sync on the iphone it asked if I wanted to keep all events, and I chose yes. Therefore the duplicates.

How do I solve this problem. I want only one calendar on the iphone, with all events from outlook and google.

I am using google apps premier, set up as an exchange account.

Thanks.

You do not need Google Sync installed to sync your calendar. Once you add your gmail account through exchange, you can choose to sync the calendar and that is it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to just enter the server settings in Outlook. (Although why anyone would use Outlook is beyond me.)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hook up your phone to the pc run iTunes uncheck sync calendar and remove the events. Then sync the calendar via google sync on the phone and all should be good.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
Thanks for this, but that is what I followed, and what duplicated the events.

Right now, I deleted the calendars from iPhone and am syncing with google, not the desktop, as indicated above.

I'll try this for a while.

Thanks, all.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You will wind up with dupes if you are syncing with Google which syncs with Outlook which syncs to iTunes.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to wrap my tiny head around this - currently, I use the exact same setup: outlook calendar is where I enter all my events, then use google sync to get it to the google apps calendar and I have google sync running on my blackberry...if I enter events on my bb, they sync back all the way to outlook.....now fast forward to where (hopefully) I'm using an iPhone4...how do I achieve the same results?

Sorry if this was mentioned before but I found it quite confusing....

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I have Outlook set up with google sync, and am (as of right now) syncing my iphone to google, through exchange. I don't sync my iphone calendar with outlook. I did until today, but wasn't syncing to google. Decided I needed my calendar updated with more frequency that twice a day (my sync times).

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem when I first got my iPhone 4. For me, the trick was to uncheck some of the calendars that were listed on my iPhone.

Open the Calendar on your iPhone and at the top-left corner click on the button named "Calendars." That takes you to the list of the calendars that are being displayed on your iPhone. I have two categories listed, "All on My iPhone" and "All Exchange." I deselected "All on My iPhone" and selected "All Exchange." Then click "Done."

Voile, duplicate calendar entries are gone as the iPhone only shows one calendar.

I would guess that a similar process would take care of your duplicate entries for now and in the future.

I hope this helps.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
More people use Outlook at work than at home because it's not free. Personally, I dislike the lack of flexibility, and the organization (.pst), and frequent corruption of email that comes with using Outlook. I much prefer using Thunderbird for my email on all my desktops (Windows or Mac) and prefer dealing with my work email on my iPhone rather than opening Outlook.

I don't know too many people who use Outlook at home - which is why zerog46 suggested it's more for the business minded.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73