New iPhone User...Questions

bbtransplant

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just got my new iphone 3 days ago on verizon and I love it!! Have had smartphones for about 5 yrs now and made the transition from blackberry to iphone after doing demo's and hands on with android and the iOS I chose what I liked more and for me it was the iphone.

Couple questions that I cannot seem to find a good answer to yet:

1. Is there an app that will let me move photos around on the iphone itself from camera roll to different folders without having to sync with my computer and move them around in itunes?

2. Does anyone on this forum use lotus notes with their iphone through the an inotes traveller app? (I'm forced to lotus notes for work) And if so are the contacts kept separate or do they merge with contacts already on phone?

Since I switched over from bberry after so many years there are a couple things I can see myself missing, but the speed and polish of this phone far outweigh anything i miss. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!!

jkk4_1998

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just got my new iphone 3 days ago on verizon and I love it!! Have had smartphones for about 5 yrs now and made the transition from blackberry to iphone after doing demo's and hands on with android and the iOS I chose what I liked more and for me it was the iphone.

1. Is there an app that will let me move photos around on the iphone itself from camera roll to different folders without having to sync with my computer and move them around in itunes?

2. Does anyone on this forum use lotus notes with their iphone through the an inotes traveller app? (I'm forced to lotus notes for work) And if so are the contacts kept separate or do they merge with contacts already on phone?

Since I switched over from bberry after so many years there are a couple things I can see myself missing, but the speed and polish of this phone far outweigh anything i miss. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!!

Yep, I use Lotus Notes. Your Administrator needs to install Traveler Companion on your office website. You connect to it and it's done! It will sync your email, calendar and contacts automatically! Good Luck

jkk4

jkk4_1998

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Also, I was a BB Tour user and yes, it will merge all your contacts, so if you've already got contacts on your phone, it will just add your company contacts to that list.

jkk4

bbtransplant

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Also, I was a BB Tour user and yes, it will merge all your contacts, so if you've already got contacts on your phone, it will just add your company contacts to that list.

jkk4

hey jkk4,

thanks for the feedback. are the contacts sort-able? like right now i can go to my contacts list look at the groups, and then i can choose which ones to view. will it let me look at them separate? and once it's synced is is just another app icon you click on? or does the email come through the iphone email app? thanks in advance!

bbtransplant

May 16, 2011
Visit site
What was your answer to No. 1?? Please share.

i found an app called photo-sort. it works ok but it's just for on the iphone and doesn't sync through itunes or access the native iphone photo app. you install that and then you can look at, create folders for viewing pictures you've taken without having to look through the camera roll. it tides me over until i can plug my phone into a computer and then i can move what i need to move.

MGoBlue#IM

May 6, 2011
Visit site
From one BMET to another

I, too, am a BMET and a former BB Tour user. You made a great choice in moving to the iPhone.

Neil Hamilton, CBET
Middleton, Idaho
MGoBlue

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I too came from a BB, and I can tell you there are a few things from BB that you're gonna miss, but you'll forget all about em in time. Biggest thing for me was the status light. I had BerryBuzz (Now BeBuzz) and had all my notifications, incoming calls, texts, MMS, Missed calls and all that other jazz set to different colors and/or patterns. It was nice that le'ts say I was in a different room from my phone and didn't hear it go off, I could tell what kind of message I had jut from what color the LED was. I didn' have to wake the phone up to check. I got over it however, and I'm so much happier with the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711