iPhone4 won't reboot & stuck on Apple logo....
Hoping someone can possibly help me out here - my iP4 seems to have died on me!
Changed my Facebook password via the web. Went into Facebook app & it just kept hanging while trying to log me out. Closed the app via multitasking & restarted & still did the same. Did a reboot (via power & home buttons) & still had the same issue, so deleted the app & tried to do a restart again (via power & home buttons).
Since then the phone just hangs on the Apple logo when booting. I have plugged into iTunes but nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?!
- 05-16-2011, 05:19 PM #2
- 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM #4
This JUST happened on my 1st gen iPod Touch that I gave to my dad... he put it in DFU mode (plug phone into iTunes, hold sleep/home buttons for 10 secs, let go of sleep button until the Safetey Mode popup from iTunes) and it let him fix his phone from there.
- 05-17-2011, 08:00 PM #5
- 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM #6iPhone Newbie
- 23 Posts
Here's what I found to troubleshoot your issue:
Putting you iPhone into DFU mode should be used as a last resort if your iPhone is either stuck on the Apple logo or keeps rebooting.
1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
2. Hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.
3. After exactly 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds or until iTunes pops up a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. At this point, click OK, then click “Restore” in iTunes.
Note that it often takes several attempts to get your iPhone in DFU mode. [source: iphonedownloadblog.com]
- 05-21-2011, 10:48 AM #7iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Also see: f orums.macrumors. com/showthread.php?p=12608641