iPhone4 won't reboot & stuck on Apple logo....

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Hoping someone can possibly help me out here - my iP4 seems to have died on me!

Changed my Facebook password via the web. Went into Facebook app & it just kept hanging while trying to log me out. Closed the app via multitasking & restarted & still did the same. Did a reboot (via power & home buttons) & still had the same issue, so deleted the app & tried to do a restart again (via power & home buttons).

Since then the phone just hangs on the Apple logo when booting. I have plugged into iTunes but nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions?!

Many thanks!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it stays that way you need to put the phone into DFU mode to restore it on iTunes.
But try to keep rebooting before you take that drastic turn. How long has it been stuck?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I would, but the phone won't actually turn off - the power button alone doesn't do anything. It's now been stuck a good 20 minutes (for the second time).

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This JUST happened on my 1st gen iPod Touch that I gave to my dad... he put it in DFU mode (plug phone into iTunes, hold sleep/home buttons for 10 secs, let go of sleep button until the Safetey Mode popup from iTunes) and it let him fix his phone from there.

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I found to troubleshoot your issue:

Putting you iPhone into DFU mode should be used as a last resort if your iPhone is either stuck on the Apple logo or keeps rebooting.

1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.

2. Hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.

3. After exactly 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds or until iTunes pops up a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. At this point, click OK, then click ?Restore? in iTunes.

Note that it often takes several attempts to get your iPhone in DFU mode. [source: iphonedownloadblog.com]

Johng123

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I found to troubleshoot your issue:

Putting you iPhone into DFU mode should be used as a last resort if your iPhone is either stuck on the Apple logo or keeps rebooting.

1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes.

2. Hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 10 seconds.

3. After exactly 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds or until iTunes pops up a message saying that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. At this point, click OK, then click ?Restore? in iTunes.

Note that it often takes several attempts to get your iPhone in DFU mode. [source: iphonedownloadblog.com]

Thank you but this post is quite meaningless, next time just say put it in dfu mode. But the problem is with doing this that you will lose all data between when you restore and your last sync. I ended up restoring anyways but I knew I would be losing data. Every1 should just be cautious with the fb app and changing pws as this has now happened to a fee people.

Also see: f orums.macrumors. com/showthread.php?p=12608641

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73