Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Default White iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor

Great, wasted $25.00 to try to protect my screen, it appears that the proximity sensor doesn't work if you use a screen protector!!!
    Does anyone know if there will be one with the cut out for the area on the white iPhone????????
    iMore Intermediate

Did you pay $25 for just one screen protector? If there's more than one why not just cut a little hole out yourself?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Does a screen protector really mess with the sensor on the white phone? I was thinking of getting one but I won't if the screen protectors from verizon wireless mess with sensor.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I'm using a screen protector on my white iPhone and I've had no issues.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,096 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by chibull17 View Post
    Great, wasted $25.00 to try to protect my screen, it appears that the proximity sensor doesn't work if you use a screen protector!!!
    Does anyone know if there will be one with the cut out for the area on the white iPhone????????
    Yes I bought some from eBay seller ZYDistro. They have the cut out. Bought 3 for $3 for clear. Works great. Search the seller and their items and you will find.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Ham Solo View Post
    I'm using a screen protector on my white iPhone and I've had no issues.
    same here, no issues at all. I'm using the screen protector that came with my CaseMate barely there

I really don't see how the proximity sensor is any different from the black iPhone, you can see it because the casing around it is white but isn't it the same design?
    2012 13" Macbook Air, 64gb White iPhone 5, Apple TV
    iPhone Newbie

My wife went through 2 white iPhone 4's that both had proximity sensor issues, she finally switched to the black iPhone and hasn't any issues whatsoever.....
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

same here.. using screen protector and havent had an issue at all.. Maybe its your sensor and not the screen protector...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

Seems like it may be more of your White iPhone