Does GPS performance improve after iOS 4.1?

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello... I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1 and jailbroken using Limera1n. I have noticed GPS has difficulty orienting correctly when using Google maps and two Geocaching apps I use. Often times it's completely backwards - I'll be standing right in front of something and the map will show what I'm looking at as behind me instead of in front of me. I also have Navigon, and that is working fine. But I'm wondering if any of the iOS releases from 4.2 and up contained any tweaks to the GPS performance/functionality. Anyone know? Or have any suggestions? Or is the iPhone 4 GPS better? Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello... I have an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1 and jailbroken using Limera1n. I have noticed GPS has difficulty orienting correctly when using Google maps and two Geocaching apps I use. Often times it's completely backwards - I'll be standing right in front of something and the map will show what I'm looking at as behind me instead of in front of me.

If you're within the "margin of error" of what the gps in the phone can resolve to, what you describe will happen - and is normal. Nature of the beast.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh