Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Thumbs up Restoring Phone Freed up Space on my iPhone?

So for a completely unrelated reason I found myself needing to restore my iPhone. It would not boot up. For some reason it went totally bonkers. Anyway I restored my iPhone and thankfully had a backup from the previous night. Two hours later viola. All done and everything it back exactly as it was before except I noticed something curious. Prior to the update I had about 1.5GB free on my 32GB iPhone 4. Now I have 3.2GB free. Was there really that much junk on my iPhone and did a restore really clear it out? I'm usually pretty good about keeping my iPhone tidy, especially since I typically keep my phone pretty full. I have an older iOS app called iStat that can kill old processes and free up memory on my phone. I just have no idea how 1.7GB of space is suddenly freed up. Ideas?
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

Maybe you didn't put something back on. Did you happen to glance at how much space "other" was taking up before you restored? I just restored my iPhone (as new) as well and my "other" section shrank by 300MB.
    iPhone Newbie

21 Posts

I need to do the same