- iPhone Newbie
- 13 Posts
Jumping from Storm to Iphone4 on Verizon
It wasn't that the Storm was that bad... I just got tired of the semi weekly battery pulls and the terrible Netkit. I feel like I'm coming out of the Dark Ages.
A few of questions please:
1. I've been using the VZ Navagator on the Storm which seemed to work really well. Does Verizon offer this for the IPhone as well? ... or is there a better navagation program? I've heard a little about Navagon.
2. I also understand that I can use an app called Backup Assistant which will help port over my contacts.. which are being backed up with Backup Assistant on the Storm... true?
3. Is there anything equilivent to the Visual Voicemail?... I got spoiled as it always seemed to work well.
Thanks for the input...
- 05-11-2011, 04:29 PM #2
1.waze works pretty good and it's free but there are better paid apps out there. I don't think vz navigator is supported.
2.on iPhone backup assistant is called contact transfer, same app same icon and works really well.
3.yes but I can't remember the name
- 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM #3
- 05-11-2011, 05:59 PM #4
Last edited by kch50428; 05-11-2011 at 06:02 PM.
- 05-11-2011, 08:41 PM #5
- 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM #6
2. VZ Contact Transfer is the equivalent in the app store but it is only for the transfer and says it goes away after 30 days.
3. Out of the box the iPhone has Apple Visual Voicemail so you don't need to get any other app for it.
- 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM #7iPhone Beginner
- 98 Posts
2. I used the VZ Contract Transfer for the initial transfer and then started using Google Sync. I found this to be the easiest to maintain and access after the initial setup.
3. Don't use visual voicemail, but as someone had mentioned Youmail, I've heard of this before and might suggest you look into it.
- 05-12-2011, 08:20 PM #8
- 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM #9
- 05-12-2011, 10:03 PM #10iMore Intermediate
- 209 Posts
Yes, it would be nice if Apple gives us the navigation and few other features I miss from my Storm and Droid X.
- 05-13-2011, 07:46 AM #11
- 05-13-2011, 09:04 AM #12
- 05-13-2011, 09:49 AM #13
2: Yes, Backup Assistant puts your contacts/#s onto the Verizon server for free. Then when you get your iPhone, you download the app and voila, they're on your iPhone. Or, if you're buying it from a store they will swap all your contacts for you.
3: Yes, Visual Voicemail is the default voicemail system for the iPhone. It costs nothing extra, it's part of your iPhone.
- 05-13-2011, 11:55 AM #14
Last edited by briareus; 05-13-2011 at 12:05 PM.
- 05-13-2011, 12:33 PM #15
- 05-13-2011, 02:31 PM #17