Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default Photos on IPhone

Hi everyone,

Somebody stole my laptop that had my iTunes account on it. That laptop had all my pictures on it in a bunch of different photo albums. I have a new laptop now and want to transfer all my pictures from my iPhone 4 to my new laptop.

However, When I plug my iPhone 4 into my Windows 7 computer, it will show up in Windows Explorer as my iPhone. However, the only pictures that will show up within the Computer\My iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\ folder are the pictures in the "Camera Roll" album. All the other albums don't even show up in Windows Explorer.

How can I see the albums and photos on the iPhone that are not in the camera roll folder? For instance, all the photos in different photo albums on the iPhone.

Thank You
    iPhone Newbie

23 Posts

Did you try using a 3rd party photo manager such as CopyTrans Photo? You should be able to pull your pics off the iPhone seamlessly.
    iPhone Beginner

85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Yes Jeff I've installed and used Copytrans Photo and it is better than anything I've read about it
    iMore Intermediate

398 Posts
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts

you can try image capture if you have a mac
    iPhone Pro

682 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
    you can try image capture if you have a mac
    if she was using windows explorer and got the photos in the camera roll then obviously she doesnt have a mac.
    iMore Guru

1,661 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

hopefully you will begin to keep a physical backup of your computer from now on. this is one of the easiest ways to protect your data. back it up!