Messaging from Contacts app often opens messaging app with no name

johnraggio

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have seen the following about the half of the time that I have tried. It is pretty annoying.

select a contact from the contact app
select "text message"
select one of the contact's numbers

I get one of the following:

messaging app with no name
messaging app with the correct name
messaging app with the name of somebody else that I texted recently

The last one is really bad as I may end up sending a message to the wrong person by mistake.

Have any of you seen this? Is there a work around? In the meantime I have simply chosen not to text from the contacts / phone app and instead used the messaging app itself and use the "+" to add a name.

Thanks,
John

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What version are you on? I just tried it about 10 times and no issues. The only thing I ever noticed was that when doing a group message of more then 10 people its a pain to add mor contacts because the + gets cut off.

johnraggio

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I am using the very latest. Installed yesterday. Same issue. I thInk it has to do with multitasking. It's as if it is running in bg with old state and comes to fg.

johnraggio

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Think I narrowed down the root of this bug. It only seems to happen when my message list is empty. I usually delete my conversations when done with them. I noticed that when I open the messaging app when the list is empty it opens a new message with an empty list of recipients. This happens both when I open the messaging app directly or from a contact. Can you test with an empty list?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR