trade black iPhone 4 for white at apple store???

Bryk

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to go to the apple store or AT&T and trade my black iPhone4 for a white? dont mind paying a small fee as long as it's not ridiculous. I'm a huge white iPhone fan and just got stuck buying the black because of apples crazy long delays.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd say no - it would be essentially like trying to return any phone for a different model (despite the only major difference being the color).

Bryk

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I find it a bit wrong that I had to pay full retail which is over 700$, and I can't get the color of my choice. apple makes me think twice a bit too much. I do understand I could have waited for the white, but I did for multiple months and just lost faith in the release of the white.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I find it a bit wrong that I had to pay full retail which is over 700$, and I can't get the color of my choice. apple makes me think twice a bit too much. I do understand I could have waited for the white, but I did for multiple months and just lost faith in the release of the white.

I don't find it wrong at all. You were under no obligation to buy a black one
"multiple" months ago. Especially at full retail.

Bryk

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't find it wrong at all. You were under no obligation to buy a black one
"multiple" months ago. Especially at full retail.

ummm my 3GS just randomly just stopped working. since it was over a year old they told me I'd have to buy a 3GS for a ridiculous amount, or the 4 for full retail, so yea they kinda put me in a corner, so yea bro, that's kinda ****ed up on apples part.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
F***ed up on apples part? How so? Shouldn't you complain to your carrier about that? And it's long known that apples out of warranty work is $199 for replacements. Did you have to go out and buy a new one because your old one died? Sure didn't. eBay.com. Im sure you can find one on there for $200. Then again why not just buy it from apple? Your getting upset here about a color of a phone. If you should be able to swap phones for color than everyone should. I wanted the white one to but chose to get the black on since the white one was going to be delayed for so long. All you can do is live with it. Maybe try to sell your black one on eBay to cut some of the cost of the white one. But don't blame apple for this. You could of found alternatives besides going out and buying the new phone. I don't think anyone here will feel bad for you because apple won't let you swap colors of your phone.

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

You had the same choice of color that everyone else had.

No one forced you to buy the new phone and apple doesn't owe you a white phone when you want it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not even getting into the Apple's fault why you bought the black iPhone there are so many Android phones that are $0 on contract. However if you want the white iPhone why not just trade with someone? phone for phone. If you can find someone that is. If you can find a problem with the phone that would be covered by warranty then when they swap it maybe they would give you white?

Last edited:

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site

400+ on eBay to sell your black one. Then you are only out 300. The cost of a new one on contract.
a6cd0c86-6b19-31a0.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Nobody forced you to buy the black. Not sure what your gripe is. You cant just exchange anytime a new color or product comes out. :rolleyes: But you can only exchange it if your within your exchange period.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I did an early upgrade on one of my lines to get the white one and then sold my black one to cover some of the cost.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'd recommend just buying a conversion kit and doing the conversion yourself to save even more money. Several good sites out there, heck now some are even offering red and blue color kits.. This is the way I went when I wanted a white one back in January.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Once you go black you never go back. If I remember correctly when I was standing in line on launch day Apple employees made it clear that we were buying the black iPhone 4 and there would be no trade in's or swaps if they got the white ones in shortly after launch